What is the "requested format" for phone number on online check in???

DeirdreTours

Hi all,

How often is the on line check in down? I have been trying, periodically, for days- to check in my family (3 cabins) for the May 29 QE2. I make a little progress, then receive "error" messages telling me to close the page and try again.....

Also, must say-- not a very user friendly website! Every time I log in, I am forced to accept the terms and conditions yet again before continueing...no ability to link reservations... (meaning I must create a separate account for each cabin and enter the same info again and again).

It often goes down, it also will in the info you put in if you check in too soon.

I am told that this is being fixed now, they are still working on the new Cunard web site, there is more to come and the on line check in changes are part of it.

You can phone the info in if you need to

Pardon my ignorance but I've never heard of this 'on-line check in'. How does that work? Do you still have to go to the desk at the terminal? What about your key card? What about your credit card details? Is this a new thing?

Shiny

Hi all,

How often is the on line check in down? I have been trying, periodically, for days- to check in my family (3 cabins) for the May 29 QE2. I make a little progress, then receive "error" messages telling me to close the page and try again.....

Also, must say-- not a very user friendly website! Every time I log in, I am forced to accept the terms and conditions yet again before continueing...no ability to link reservations... (meaning I must create a separate account for each cabin and enter the same info again and again).

If you phone them you can link both your resreservations so your your all on the same table as well

Hi all,

Hi sorry to hear of your problem. However, the QE2 no longer sails......if you mean the Queen Elizabeth, her sailing date is 23rd May to the Med and I believe she will be in the middle of this trip on 29th May as it is a 13 night cruise. Maybe you need to check your date? Hope you manage to sort it out.

Hi sorry to hear of your problem. However, the QE2 no longer sails......if you mean the Queen Elizabeth, her sailing date is 23rd May to the Med and I believe she will be in the middle of this trip on 29th May as it is a 13 night cruise. Maybe you need to check your date? Hope you manage to sort it out.

I think the OP means M208, an eastbound TA on QM2 out of NYC on 29 May 12.

Pardon my ignorance but I've never heard of this 'on-line check in'. How does that work? Do you still have to go to the desk at the terminal? What about your key card? What about your credit card details? Is this a new thing?

Shiny

Shiny,

I believe what the OP is calling "online check in" is actually the "Voyage Personaliser".

Hi all,

DeirdreTours,

The requested format for phone numbers on the U.S. version of the Voyage Personaliser is a ten-digit phone number with no country code and no hyphens. For example, 8765551234.

If you do not enter exactly ten digits for the phone number, you will get the nasty message "An error has occured. Please close the window and start again." Agreed, this is very sloppy error handling and should be corrected.

And one other observation. The error message is worded as I have quoted it above with the word "occurred" misspelled as "occured".

Regards,

John.

We had the same problem with entering phone numbers on the Voyage Personaliser, though in our case it was the phone number for our emergency contact person that was the problem. In fact, because the phone number portion of the emergency contact page kept giving error messages, none of the other information I entered was retained, and I kept having to try to enter it all again. :mad: I finally called Cunard customer service, and they entered the information for me. Our other information (name and address, passport numbers, etc.) went in OK.

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just came in after working like a maniac for the last 12 hours (this is my busiest week of the year) and tried yet again, only to receive the error message.

The only format the cunard site would accept for my phone number was the 13 digit (011 in front of the usual 10). However, when I try this convention with my husband's number I get the "error" message. The Cunard site is unable to find any reservation whatsoever for my son. In desparation, I tried to call only to get a recording announcing that reservations closes at 2:45pm.

I hope this isn't indicative of the overall Cunard experience!

Oh, and you were correct-- we are on the QM2 departing NYC on 5/29

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just came in after working like a maniac for the last 12 hours (this is my busiest week of the year) and tried yet again, only to receive the error message.

The only format the cunard site would accept for my phone number was the 13 digit (011 in front of the usual 10). However, when I try this convention with my husband's number I get the "error" message. The Cunard site is unable to find any reservation whatsoever for my son. In desparation, I tried to call only to get a recording announcing that reservations closes at 2:45pm.

I hope this isn't indicative of the overall Cunard experience!

Oh, and you were correct-- we are on the QM2 departing NYC on 5/29

Hi, again DeirdreTours.

It's hard telling what exactly is going on with the Voyage Personaliser in your case. I verified my current reservation in the U.S. version of the Voyage Personaliser and it happily takes 10-digit phone numbers (and only 10-digit phone numbers) in my case.

However, as others have reported, you are not alone when it comes to having issues getting your information entered into the Cunard system. And as others have suggested, your best bet at this point is to call Cunard and have them get it straightened out for you over the phone. I know that's frustrating and does not give a good first impression of Cunard.

In my opinion, a transatlantic crossing on the QM2 is a wonderful experience and I anticipate you will have a great time once you get past these shore-side issues.

Regards,

John.

We can't enter emergency contact information for any of our 4 upcoming cruises on QM2 and QE. Everything is fine until you get to the telephone # and the space turns red and the info can't be saved. I contacted Cunard and according to the customer rep who responded, they are working on it. However it has been 3 weeks and it still doesn't work &in the meantime got a snippy letter from Cunard saying the information had to be received or we'd be denied boarding!!!!

We're also having problems with the the 3 QM2 cruises in July and August. They have juxtaposed our middle names, birthdates & passport #'s. For my passport info it is my first & last name, but DH's middle name, birth date & passport #. When I try to update the info in the World Club info, once I click on save, an error message appears. It can't be corrected in the Voyage Personaliser. Interestingly enough, the same information for our QE cruise is correct. Go figure.

Cunard has the absolutely most user-unfriendly website of any of the cruise lines. It is almost impossible to deal with. One of the things I don't understand is if you sign up for "Go Green" you still get all of the booklets & luggage tags mailed to you.

The same people do the Princess & Cunard websites. Princess has a lot of glitches & strange occurrences but is an absolute wonder compared to the mess the Cunard website is right now.

This happened to me as well. I changed from Mozilla Firefox to IE and it worked.

Good catch, twinstars. I use IE8 which helps explain why I have never had a problem entering phone numbers into the U.S. version of Voyage Personaliser.

I just tried Mozilla Firefox 12.0 to modify the phone numbers of my Emergency Contact. The only way I could get the Voyage Personaliser to accept a phone number using Mozilla Firefox was to enter the phone number as a 10-digit number starting with "0". Of course there is no U.S. area code that starts with "0", so a 10-digit number stating with "0" could not possibly be a valid U.S. phone number.

I don't imagine browser versions can explain all the oddities that have been reported with Voyage Personaliser, but this may be of some help to those struggling to get their information entered into Voyage Personaliser.

Regards,

John.

This happened to me as well. I changed from Mozilla Firefox to IE and it worked.

Thanks for the tip. I switched browsers from Firefox to IE9 and bingo! I could enter the telephone numbers. I was also able to finally update the info the World Club accounts also.

However for the 3 QM2 cruises, our passport info is attached to the wrong name as well as they've switched our middle names. That hasn't changed. Also the first time I tried to correct the mis-matched info in the World Club profile, it saved but when I went back into the account later, it had reverted to the incorrect info.

so at least we now know that you shouldn't use Firefox when filling out Cunard's cruise info. Too bad they don't put a disclaimer on the website that it only works with certain Browsers. Now, we have to call and see what the story is with the mix-up on our names.

When I called Cunard and asked a very friendly man to enter my emergency info he said that the problem is ongoing and they are trying to fix it. Seems like they have been trying to fix it forever but at least he got it all all entered and it stuck. I asked if it might be happening because I am on a Mac and he said that might be part of it as none of my adult children, who had just finished filling in the VP, had had a problem and they are on PCs.

Archived