RCI ADVENTURE OCEAN QUESTIONS? Help!

05mak05

My husband and I cruise several times a year. We've cruised a number of times with adult family members. However, the December RCI Christmas cruise with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren ages 6 and 7 will be a first. Now I wish I had paid attention to all of the threads about cruising with children. I think of a new question every few minutes. I'd appreciate any and all comments about Adventure Ocean on the Mariner. What about DreamWorks? I watched the video where the various characters are dancing on the pool deck. Are the times noted in Cruise Compass? Do children have a a kid's menu in the dining room? I also have questions about Cozumel and Costa Maya. I've posted my questions on the specific boards with no response. So, if you've gone to one of the private beach clubs, I'd like to hear about those, too. I probably don't even know what to ask so your tips are really appreciated!

We have been on Radiance & Jewel with our son. Yes, there's a kid's menu in the main dining room, and I think the kids can also order from the adult menu.

Our son liked the grilled cheese sandwich. It is listed as grilled tomato and cheese, but we asked they leave off the tomato. And he had french fries with it. I think desserts were ice cream, cookies, and maybe a brownie sundae, but the brownie did have nuts so they told me. I'm sure there's a child's menu posted somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I know they also had fruit. I think it was orange slices and seedless grapes.

I can't help you with the Dreamworks questions. Our ships didn't have it.

I found his menu:

All dishes are served with your choice of daily vegetables, apple chips, or french fries.

Appetizers

Guacamole & Sour Cream Dips served with crispy tortilla wedges

Vegetables Crudite served with Ranch dressing

Kid's fruit platter combination of orange slices and seedless grapes

Toasted tomato and cheese sandwich with apple chips or french fries

Chicken Noodle Soup

Entrees

Grilled chicken breast

Grilled minute steak

beef burger

turkey burger

grilled catch of the day

chicken fingers

spaghetti with tomato sauce or meat sauce

Macaroni and cheese

Cheese or pepperoni pizza

Frozen drinks

Oreo cookie

berry banana colada

passion papaya crush

bora bora brew

(these are available at current bar pricing)

Desserts

Jello

Pudding

banana split

cookies of the day (ours were coconut)

ice cream selection

mini brownie madness

My husband and I cruise several times a year. We've cruised a number of times with adult family members. However, the December RCI Christmas cruise with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren ages 6 and 7 will be a first. Now I wish I had paid attention to all of the threads about cruising with children. I think of a new question every few minutes. I'd appreciate any and all comments about Adventure Ocean on the Mariner. What about DreamWorks? I watched the video where the various characters are dancing on the pool deck. Are the times noted in Cruise Compass? Do children have a a kid's menu in the dining room? I also have questions about Cozumel and Costa Maya. I've posted my questions on the specific boards with no response. So, if you've gone to one of the private beach clubs, I'd like to hear about those, too. I probably don't even know what to ask so your tips are really appreciated!

Mariner doesn't have the Dreamworks characters (they are only on Allure, Oasis, Freedom, and Liberty.

Both of your grandchildren will be in the same Adventure Ocean group since the group is for 6-8 year olds. Typically, they run a few sessions per day, such as 9:00 - 12:00, 2:00 - 5:00, and 7:00 - 10:00. There are also lunch and dinner options, but you sometimes have to pay for those. The kids will get their own cruise compass each day, and it will list the activities for each session during the day. That way, the kids can pick and choose which ones sound like fun to them. The compass will also list the lunch & dinner options, and whether or not there is a charge for them. There is also an after-hours "Late Night Party Zone" from 10:00PM - 2:00AM, but this costs $6/hour per child. Note that the kids need not stay for a whole session. You can check them in or out at any time.

If you are going to early dinner in the MDR, you can sign up to have Adventure Ocean staff take your grandchildren up to the club at 7:00. If you are at late seating, then you are on your own as far as getting the kids up there and checked in.

On our recent Oasis cruise, there was a kid's menu at dinner in the MDR, but surprisingly, not at lunch time. But we asked them to make our son something kid-friendly at lunch anyway, and it was no problem.

Have fun!

Archived