LaGuardia Airport to Secaucus NJ Hotel

colacruise

I have three people for a September Cruise. Would it be better to use Taxi or Car Service to get from LaGuardia Airport to Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ?

Besides the NY car services (Dial 7 and Carmel) give Secaucus Taxi a call. http://www.secaucustaxi.com/ MAKE SURE you mention their website for the best prices and service.

They very often has discounts to/from LaGuardia and they are DEFINITELY the cheapest from EWR to Secaucus and return and also from Secaucus to the port areas in Bayonne (and Elizabeth) from the North Jersey areas.

It would be better to fly into Newark, not La Guardia. You will probably have to arrange a car service, no guarantee a taxi will take you to New Jersey.

Fly into Newark, you will save a lot of time.

Please consider any of these possibilities:

(1) The airline the OP is flying doesn't fly to EWR from their home airport

(2) The airline the OP is flying does fly into EWR but its schedule isn't convenient for getting to and from the cruise or would require connecting flights with a long layover making the total travel time much longer than using LGA despite the longer ground transportation time

(3) Airline flights from the OP's home city to EWR are much more expensive than flights to LGA, making the total travel cost much cheaper using LGA despite the higher ground transportation costs from LGA

I think we need to hear from the OP exactly why he/she is flying into LaG and staying at a Secaucus, NJ hotel Sometimes folks from out of the area get confused and don't understand the logistics of the area hotels, piers, and airports.

Please consider any of these possibilities:

(1) The airline the OP is flying doesn't fly to EWR from their home airport

(2) The airline the OP is flying does fly into EWR but its schedule isn't convenient for getting to and from the cruise or would require connecting flights with a long layover making the total travel time much longer than using LGA despite the longer ground transportation time

(3) Airline flights from the OP's home city to EWR are much more expensive than flights to LGA, making the total travel cost much cheaper using LGA despite the higher ground transportation costs from LGA

I think we need to hear from the OP exactly why he/she is flying into LaG and staying at a Secaucus, NJ hotel Sometimes folks from out of the area get confused and don't understand the logistics of the area hotels, piers, and airports.

Given this is the OP's only post in six years of Cruise Critic membership, I'm not overly optimistic about the chances of coming back and filling in the details.

I guess I don't think it's appropriate to just assume the OP doesn't know one area airport from the other and made a mistake without any evidence of that being true.

Sorry for not getting back. Busy time of year. We are cruising from Manhattan Pier. Only staying in NJ Hotels to save $. I thought car service was the right answer but I wanted to check. Flights to Newark are more expensive than LGA and post cruise we can use a cab to get to the airport.

Sorry for not getting back. Busy time of year. We are cruising from Manhattan Pier. Only staying in NJ Hotels to save $. I thought car service was the right answer but I wanted to check. Flights to Newark are more expensive than LGA and post cruise we can use a cab to get to the airport.

It really doesn't make sense to go from LGA to Secaucus to Manhattan for the cruise - any savings staying in NJ will be eaten up by transportation costs. You're better to stay either near LGA or find something in Manhattan. What are your dates? Often posters here can help you find something reasonable.

Archived