"The more the merrier" sale?

I just saw this new sale posted and was wondering how I find out which cruises this applies to and also if it works for families of 5?

Sometimes it's just easier to click on the Carnival promotion and do a mock booking. ;)

And as a general rule Carnival sales are anything but.

Unless you are a person who does not book early saver (too restrictive) and past guest rates aren't available, and you don't qualify for any other special rates (military, senior, resident rates, etc).

For a first time booker (is that even the right word :confused:), the sales can sometimes be a good deal. With any large purchase, comparison is key and all viable options should be evaluated.

Well, I saved a total of $150 going from military rate to the current sale. I did not book early saver rate and did not think I could get a rate reduction because we sail on Memorial Day, the "offical" start of summer.

Most of the time the early saver beats all sales. Now if you are not a past guest and don't have early saver option THEN the sale might help you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

You never know with these rates. I called carnival to see about upgrading to a balcony for my April sailing and was looking at a resident rate. The representative I was talking to found the more the merrier rate and it was cheaper than the resident rate. I know the rate I am now booked at was cheaper than the ES rate ever was because I booked early saver originally and have been price watching dilligently to see if I could upgrade. I couldn't view this particular rate online though, I had to call the 1800#.

Can someone even explain this "merrier" promotion to me? Maybe I'm dense because frankly I don't get it. What's new about the concept of booking 4 people in 1 room instead of 2 in one and 2 in the other. How is this a "limited" time only?

Confused..

The rates havent really changed. I am already booked with 4 and the price is the exact same as it has been since the "leap year sale" I have been keeping an eye on the rates so I check it daily and the price is the exact same as it has been for the last two weeks, I really wouldnt call it a sale.

Can someone even explain this "merrier" promotion to me? Maybe I'm dense because frankly I don't get it. What's new about the concept of booking 4 people in 1 room instead of 2 in one and 2 in the other. How is this a "limited" time only?

Confused..

Thank you for saying it. You're not confused...you're just smarter than Carnival ;).

You ALWAYS get a break for the 3rd and 4th guests in a stateroom and based on the searches I have done, there is NO additional savings.

In this case it is cheaper at least for my cruise coming up as i DO check daily lol hopeing for that obc. just before this was higher, around 100 if i remember right. we have 3 in our balcony. it's still 10.00 more than what we paid so no obc for us lol.

I will be booking the May 6th Magic Cruise next week, and the More the Merrier sale puts a Balcony for 4 people (me, DW,DS, DSF) cheaper than a oceanview :)

and is still cheaper than the original price for us to go inside the following week to Bahamams.

Archived