Vancouver hotels / transfer to Canada Place

rfbdorf

DW - in a power chair - and I will be cruising on HAL from their Canada Place dock in August. We plan to stay in Vancouver for a couple of days before and after the cruise. I really don't want to spend beaucoup bucks on a many-starred hotel. Are there any recommendations for a moderately priced place to stay? Wheelchair accessibility is a necessity for us.

I suppose that distance from the pier is not terribly important, as we'd need to get all our baggage and equipment into a vehicle for even a short trip to the terminal. Actually, since we'll be driving to Vancouver, we would likely drive over to the dock & leave our van there while we're on the ship (assuming there's close-by parking).

TIA

- Richard

Yes there is parking at Canada Place, it will be approaching $20 per day this year. As for a hotel I would recommend bidding for a room on Priceline.com. We have been learning of 3.5* to 5* hotel rooms being had for less than $100 pn, in my own case I got a room a few weeks ago at one of the Marriotts for $75. Go to the bidding screen, choose Downtown Vancouver and then choose 3.5* or better and start bidding at $65. I am sure that you will be pleased.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a room for later this week for $95 on priceline at the Hyatt Regency after requesting 4 star on bid. Then I called the Hyatt directly and they confirmed that we could get an accessible room.

I have phoned the hotel after wining the bid and requested an accessible room and never had a problem. DW has M.S. and I have done this not less than 5 times in the past 12 months including once in Vancouver at the Marriott Renaissance in May.

Archived