PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

Need everyone who reads to this to reply with a yes.

Royal Caribbean has introduced an on board alcohol package on three ships. Its not cheap but its cheaper than bar charges if you indulge more than a couple of drinks a day.

Its a good deal for those clients that would like a more reasonable costing of their drinks, and

It'sgood for Royal Caribbean as it provides a reasonable alternative to those who would otherwise breach the no bringing booze on board policies.

Carnival is very successful with their Bon Voyage Packages. And, many guests are taking the package and abandoning sneaking booze aboard.

Need to promote this idea get alcohol package options on RCCL.

Rely with a yes.

Need everyone who reads to this to reply with a yes.... Need to promote this idea get alcohol package options on RCCL.

Re(p)ly with a yes.

No.

If you want all-inclusive cruising, choose a line which offers it. If you want all-inclusive land vacation, choose a resort which offers it. All-inclusive drinks on what is commonly described as a "family friendly" cruise line is not what I want to see. Too easily abused, IMO.

And sorry - a bunch of yes's in agreement with you on an Internet discussion board is not going to sway them.

I would like a in-room adult beverage set-ups. I don't mind alcohol packages, but I would only be interested if there was a top shelf option. I prefer quality over quantity.

I don't see a problem with alcohol packages. People who want to be drunk will do it with or without a package.

Yes.

I purchased the BonVoyage package with CCL, which I included beer, taquilla (sp?), mixers, rum and seltzer.

I purchase alchol on RCCL but I also use my rumrunners as well as bring unopened bottles in my luggage, including water (especially when I drive to the port).

I would stop this in a heartbeat if RCCL implemented an alcohol package fleetwide.

I would love the option! I went on Celebrity last fall and took advantage of the package and loved the convenience. Celebrity is fleet wide and you would think RC should be able to figure it out since they are owned by the same company.

Absolutely! Drink prices on board are highway robbery. I can't get destroyed paying $7 a pop, it would cost me at least $100 a night. I would love to pay a flat rate then drink myself into oblivion, at least then I would feel like I got something for my money. Until this happens I will continue to pursue other options. ;)

I'm not convinced it would curb the smuggling ... it's easy to say that it would, but I would hazard that most people who smuggle would continue to do so ... even if a drink package would "save" you money, it would still be more than the cost of 2 litres of booze in your bag.

If you buy a drink package, and then get cut off by a bartender,what happens then?:confused:

You don't get anymore drinks. Just because you buy a package doesn't mean they are required to keep serving you. It's probably written into the agreement.

Royal Caribbean has introduced an on board alcohol package on three ships. Its not cheap but its cheaper than bar charges if you indulge more than a couple of drinks a day

Carnival is very successful with their Bon Voyage Packages. And, many guests are taking the package and abandoning sneaking booze aboard

These two things are completely different from each other.

I'm yes for being allowed to purchase a $50 bottle of rum for my room.

I'm no for being able to purchase an all inclusive drinks package on a ship of this class.

I vote yes. Why not?

- You can only drink so much before you black out. It's not as if drunks are going to get drunker. A bartender should always cut you off if necessary. I've never had this happen to me, but I imagine it would be a temporary thing (for the rest of the night). If someone asks for a credit for booze they couldn't drink during that time I hope the customer service agent has permission to point and laugh.

- I don't see how it would devalue the ship any... some luxury lines are all-inclusive and certainly it cannot be said that they have less class because of it. Since the proposal is for an add-on package, it would not affect the fares of those who don't utilize it.

- Their point of sale system looks capable of supporting some type of flag on your account, so the cost of implementation is probably low.

- They would have to choose a price point just a bit above what most would spend. Some would opt for the package simply to avoid the feeling of being nickle-and-dimed, and would under-use it. They would subsidize the few that over-use it, but that's okay as long as everybody's happy.

So, RCCL: We yell at you all the time for creating more for-pay options. Here's one the majority is actually ASKING for! Make it so! Just don't forget to create an add-on line item ($2 per drink perhaps) to enable the receipt of souvenir glasses for those of us who collect those :cool:

Archived