Norwegian EPIC'S profile revealed

[g]cruiserke

Check it out on http://www.f3.ncl.com/

"March 3, 2009 - Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled the first images of its new 153,000-gross ton, 4,200-passenger Norwegian Epic, the company’s largest and most innovative Freestyle Cruising ship to date. Currently under construction at STX Europe in St. Nazaire, France, the contemporary, balcony-rich, 19-deck ship will be 1,068 feet long, 133 feet wide, with a draft of 28.5 feet when completed in May 2010. "

The structure they built up top that juts out is as strange as the hair on Donald Trump's head. :D

LOL. So true, but I certainly don't care what she looks like when I'm sailing so like you I look forward to the day!:)

That truly is one ugly ship. There was a black and white rendering floating around here a while back, it was ugly as sin, never thought that would prove to be the actual ship though :confused:.

The double smokestacks, whats up with that, i mean, i could understand if they want to have them but it looks like they took the 2 smokestacks off the NCL Sun/SKY and just put 2 of em on the EPIC.

Instead of Norwegian Epic, it should be called the NCL *****!!!!!

JMHO :D

Good Lord!

What's with the two top-heavy looking decks above the bridge?! It looks like it's going to tip over!

Minus the two decks above the bridge, it looks a little like a cross between Celebrity Solstice and MSC Fantasia. It also looks like the promenade deck has been done away with as well.

Dual smokestacks - nice touch to see that coming back into style, but the whole thing just looks so - I don't know - awkward and mismatched.

I'll also second NCL *****!

• Administrators

It's a toaster, which apparently became magnetized, and attracted some blue cylinders and a mini-toaster on top, plus a "bow-shaped" piece hanging from one side! Not exactly a vision of streamlined loveliness, is she? :)

PS Maybe the name should have been the Norwegian Oh Yeah We Forgot.... or the Norwegian Afterthought? ;)

That ship is ugly as sin!!!!

I love trying new experiences, but, the Epic will probably not be one.

Can you imagine all the passengers filling the stairwells to get on tenders....with 4,200 others? I just can't see it.

For the rest of you, enjoy your voyages.

... with the Epic you're designed a ship that makes the redo of the Carnival Sensation, which had batches of balconies added to her sides that appear to be tumors, look pretty in comparison! OMG someone had to try HARD to make a ship look that bad!

So while we're onboard, tripping over animal print chairs on the crushed velvet carpets in the lounges we paid to get into, bumping into other passengers because the ship has less tons/passenger of any in it's class, heading over to our cabins with round beds and no privacy in the shower, we can rest assured that passengers on nearby ships are pointing at us laughing and saying how they would never cruise on anything that ugly!

Lord, who works over there?

Although the exterior design of many of the large new ships is not very attractive, this ship truly reaches a new low. If it weren't for the huge structure over the bridge and the small (and unusual) funnels, the ship's appearance would not be worse than most of the new ships. However, these two design elements are extremely unattractive.

The huge structure over the bridge reminds me a little of the dreaded decks that NCL added to the Norway in 1990. This is a look that should not be repeated.

Considering that NCL built some sleek and stylish ships in its early days (Starward, Skyward and Southward) and operated the beautiful Norway for so long, this design is particularly bad.

Keep in mind that the artist's renderings of a new ship typically look better than the finished product. The actual ship will probably look worse. It is too bad that the designers could not have done better.

However, it is true that the exterior appearance of a ship is not all that important. I cruised aboard the Pride of America (one of the least attractive ships currently in service) a couple of years ago and still enjoyed the cruise.

Sign me up!! Or am I supposed to say, I'm down!? I never know if I'm up or down, but I wanna go!!! :D

Alright, Mooder.. Let's let this idea simmer and let it thicken as time goes on. I think it'd be a blast. Which itinerary do you want to do?

Archived