Help needed for Hotel

scottie99

We have decided on a Holland America cruise on 16 January from Manhatten. We fly into Newark the day before and need a 'nice' hotel which is handy for the airport and for the journey to the cruise terminal the next day. We have been in New York several times so have no great desire to stay there this time. Any recomendations? and what would a car to the cruise terminal cost?

i am sure a couple NY residents will answer, but until then, you could try these if you just want to stay by newark airport.....

newark airport marriott-full service hotel w/ restaurant

COurtyard by Marriott Newark/elizabeth-cafe for breakfast, not necessarily included with rate, but they should have a package available.

Residence Inn by Marriott Newark./Elizabeth-free breakfast included-continental type things, along with, usually, eggs, some sort of meat, waffles, etc.

Country Inn & Suites Newark/Elizabeth-also some sort of included breakfast.

all 4 have shuttles...the first on is AT the airport but you can't walk. (you take the airport monorail train to the P4 stop to get all shuttles)

i have stayed in all 4 of these hotels.....they are all in good shape overall-but it has been a few years since i have been in the full service marriott.

the other 3 are located on Glimcher Realty Way (for clarification) and are near a Ruby Tuesday restaurant (like TGI Fridays or Hard Rock-but without the music!!) and a mall called jersey gardens.... http://www.jerseygardens.com

it is an outlet mall..not that you need anything, but there are some bargains and there is something to do and NJ doesn't charge sales tax on clothes like they do in NY.

Not sure about a car service...maybe $50-60?

there are other companies, but i have used this company's airport shuttle from my home to newark...they offer car service too...

http://www.olympicairporter.com

that is a start for now.......

We have decided on a Holland America cruise on 16 January from Manhatten. We fly into Newark the day before and need a 'nice' hotel which is handy for the airport and for the journey to the cruise terminal the next day. We have been in New York several times so have no great desire to stay there this time. Any recomendations? and what would a car to the cruise terminal cost?

The only Newark hotel I'd stay in is the Marriott.

Other than that either the Sheraton Weehawken or the Hyatt or Doubletree Jersey City.

The only Newark hotel I'd stay in is the Marriott.

Other than that either the Sheraton Weehawken or the Hyatt or Doubletree Jersey City.

Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the same hotel that MEGR1125 refers to as the Marriot (full service) Airport Hotel as there is more than 1 Marriot mentioned.

Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the same hotel that MEGR1125 refers to as the Marriot (full service) Airport Hotel as there is more than 1 Marriot mentioned.

Yes, the same Marriott MEGR1125 is referring to. The area around Newark Airport, which is actually Elizabeth, is horrible.

Archived