A wonderful lady on her last cruise!

Some sad news my Mum Iris passed away last Monday. She was an avid cruiser with over 40 cruises behind her, she introduced her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to cruising and we had many 4-generation cruises together. Many of you would have cruised with Mum, she often won the most cruised passenger. Rest peacefully MUM.

My sister, sister-in-law, niece and I are cruising on Saturday, mum was originally booked but we realised this was one last cruise she was not going to take. We will be thinking of her this cruise and it will be a break for my sister who nursed Mum at home full time for the last 8 weeks.:(

Sorry to hear of your loss but what wonderful memories you all have, and remember her everytime you see a beautiful sunset.

Give your sister some extra attention while away as I know how hard it is to nurse someone during that difficult time. My hat goes off to her and I know of the special memories she WILL have.

SunsetWithCross.gif

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry. I know you've been expecting it for a little while but that doesn't make it any easier.

I hope you, your sister and sister-in-law enjoy your cruise. It'll hopefully help take your mind off the events of the last few months. And considering your Mum was such a lover of cruising, I'm sure she'll be there with you.

All the best,

Mason

And thanks again for the Star model. :)

Suey I am so sorry to hear of your families pain at this time.

I am also so glad to hear you are still going on this cruise in memory of your Mum. I truly believe that how you have reported your Mum to be here that is exactly what she would want.

RIP Iris and may your family carry your cruising legacy on forever.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Yes Nan will be missed & I am sure every time we walk up that gang plank we will always think of her. I am glad that Mum & Aunty Lou will be onboard next week and although I am sure there will be plenty of tears & memories I know that they need the break.

We are so grateful for Aunty Lou and her hard work over the past few months. She needs a break!!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Suey,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum.

I know what it is like to lose someone close (my wife died of Cancer)

Mum's are very special people in our lives, and the memories and things they taught us as we grew up are to be cherished.

I have booked a 2 day trip out of Southampton in May next year to give my 91yo Mum something to look forward to in her latter years.

She has never been to sea before and is looking forward to trying something NEW, even at her age.

Hope she is still with us (as she is in failing health) before the ship sails.

Take care Suey, and chin up love,

I know Mum will be on board with you all.

Kindest regards

Des and Jane

Archived