Non-MDR Dress Requirements

rustymerle

There is so much great info on the Dress Code thread regarding formal optional night. Thank you.

We have a lingering question.

Regarding the "Elegantly Casual" (AKA jacket required) evenings ... does that apply just to the MDR? In other words, is it okay to leave the jacket behind if we choose to dine at the Collonade or other non-MDR venue. Not a big deal, but good to know.

We sail a week from tomorrow. The excitement is building with each passing day.

For Evenings:

After 6:00 p.m., suggested attire for all venues on board will be one of the following:

Resort Casual: Slacks and a sweater or shirt for men; sundress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse for women. Jeans are not considered appropriate in The Restaurant.

Elegantly Casual: Slacks with a jacket over a sweater or shirt for men. Dress, skirt or pants with a sweater or blouse for women. Jeans are not considered appropriate in The Restaurant.

Formal Optional: While Elegantly Casual is always appropriate during the evening, a Formal Optional evening will be provided for guests who wish to dress more formally at least once each seven days. Formal Optional attire includes a tuxedo or dark suit with tie for men, cocktail dress or other formal apparel for women. On Formal Optional evenings, we request no jeans in any of the lounges or dining venues.

Above is pasted from Seabourn's website, so the official answer is that it is suggested you wear the jacket after 6pm at all venues on elegant casual nights.

Thanks, Stan01. I saw that on the website as well and therein lies the confusion (and the reason for the question). Other postings refer to the variations of dress codes across venues. It seems that the stated dress code of the night applies to the Restaurant, but not to the Collonade, R2 or the Grill. We are trying to gain some insight from anyone who has sailed in the past if this is the case. Not a biggie ... just curious.

As I mentioned, there is a plethora of info on the formal optional night. In our case, it is one night and not an issue for us. I am looking forward to seeing my husband looking handsome as ever in his suit.

In less than 1 week, we will be drinking champagne as we make our way to San Juan. I am thinking the dress of the day will become irrelevant in a hurry. :) We are going nuts ... can't wait to get the fun started and meet some of the others on our cruise.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Above is pasted from Seabourn's website, so the official answer is that it is suggested you wear the jacket after 6pm at all venues on elegant casual nights.

not at the pool grill IF it happens to be open that night

you can wear shorts if you want

In less than 1 week, we will be drinking champagne as we make our way to San Juan. I am thinking the dress of the day will become irrelevant in a hurry. :) We are going nuts ... can't wait to get the fun started and meet some of the others on our cruise.

And we will be drinking champagne along side you! Our fourth Seabourn, third time in three years a December caribbean cruise. Can't wait!

Thanks! Even though it is supposed to be in the 70's this weekend, there is nothing like the Caribbean in December. We also enjoy cruising this time of year and are anxious to compare Seabourn and some of the other lines. We sailed Silverseas several years ago on a 14 day Holiday cruise and had a terrific time.

From everything we have read, it sounds like Seabourn provides so many outstanding amenities that we will enjoy such as caviar in the surf and the marina day. How can you go wrong with that? Something tells me Seabourn will become our cruiseline of choice particularly since we are not big "crowd" people.

I would love to hear about your other Seabourn cruises next week.

With the "no bottle" champagne policy, we expect to wear out the champagne servers:) See you in a few days.

Linda and Mike

Don't forget, the Marina Day is weather-permitting. If there is a Caviar in the Surf Event, the 'toys' will be available for play, but the marina will not be open. And on a short cruise, it seems either to be a 'Caviar' event OR On Deck Barbecue with the Rock the Boat. Both are so labor intensive. That being said, often a Rock the Boat party is held in the club as stand alone entertainment.

Archived