Have We Heard From Anyone Who Has Done CC on Zenith?

tuggers

I think some people have now had these new cabin classes but I haven't seen reviews. Can anyone tell us if they enjoyed the extras and exactly what they were. Worth the extra?

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I am just back from a cruise last week and we were in the CC cat on the Zenith. I can give a brief review since Im at work (shhhh) and dont have too much time. I will elaborate later tonight.

Id say if you can get it without paying more then say $100 a person it really wasnt worth it to me. As for priority embarkation we did have a special line but it went no faster or smoother. It was nice but nothing that seemed special and disembarkation was strange also. They sent us all to the fleet lounge for a small continental breakfast and we waited...and waited. We were not the first off of the boat and were as high up on the ship as you can get so it was a long haul down the stairs or a longer wait for elevators.

The special room touches were nice. We had fresh flowers in our room and a small vase of white roses in our bathroom and a fresh fruit bowl with a bananas, pears, oranges and red grapes.....always very tasty. We had champagne in our room and it was pretty harsh. The canapes were good but we found that we usually didnt eat too many of them due to the fact that we were not near our room when they were placed there and Im a little leary of eating food thats been sitting out. We did order room service one morning to try the fruit smoothies and when we got them they were warm and yucky...I felt so bad for the woman who delivered them...she noted that they had NEVER had so many people order room service for the exact same time before and she was really sorry about the food sitting around too long. It was no big deal to us.

The pillow menu was nice and we tried a few of them and the mattress was wonderful.....slept great! The leather keyholder was very handy and it was nice to have it and if you ask they will give you 2 of them. the towels were plush and the bathroom rug was very nice.

We had gotten an invitation to a wine tasting party with the captain but there was no time noted and we never did find out when it was. I think they are still working out the kinks.

We recieved a very nice folding travel bag the last night and it was perfect for all your stuff to carry off the next day.

All in all I would book it again....but not for the 300-400 a person I see people saying on here.....

Not such a short review huh.....Let me say the cruise was wonderful and we had GREAT service. Hopefully you will be lucky enough to have Edna as your room steward and Thomas and Jose in the dinning room.....these three were the BEST!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;8;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our 1 yr anniversary cruise to Bermuda

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

"Do what you want and say what you feel because the people that matter dont mind and people that mind dont matter"

Dr. Seuss

WOW you paid 300-400 per person more for CC? We only had to pay $150 more per person. I wonder how come? I would never pay that much.

Thanks for the review.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

Well thanks so much for that. I'm thinking maybe the bed and not having to carry my down pillows would be worth it! I am actually booked in CC on Horizon in January. Got a good deal because I booked it before the change was for sure so I'm not paying a premium. I plan to enjoy the heck out of it and have breakfast on my balcony (they should be in by then on Horizon) maybe even dinner! I always do coffee and juice while I dressing for the day anyway, now it will just be more pleasant. I know all about the champagne, had it last trip. A good use for it is to make mimosa's. Have a nice champagne and orange juice breakfast, very decadent! Glad you had such a good cruise!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I didnt pay anything extra for it....got upgraded to CC actually so there are NO complaints from me!!

As for having CC with a balcony...I think thats where it is going to really pay off. We are thinking of booking the same week next year and if the rumors are right we will be sitting on our balcony icon_biggrin.gif We did ask around the ship and got alot of "cant confirm nor deny the rumor"

We did have a wonderful trip and all the flowers were in full bloom! we rented scooters and saw everything. We snorkled at tabacco bay....out past the rocks and saw alot of pretty fish and coral. Took a 3hr taxi ride (not booked on the boat) and it was WONDERFUL.....$90 for 4 people....1/2 the price of the boat......we enjoyed saint george alot more then Hamilton....it just seemed more friendly...and easier to get around.

We will be booked for next year as soon as we can!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;8;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

"Do what you want and say what you feel because the people that matter dont mind and people that mind dont matter"

Dr. Seuss

I again agree with Ibeejd. We were on the Zenith, same week and had an awesome time. The ship was clean, crew was great, and getting off at the pier took a long time. The disembarkation (spelling ?), while long was the same as out cruise last year when we had a suite. Even having the suite last year, end of Sept. 2003, we did not have all the amenities described in the CC catagory. We did not have any flowers in the bath room, no choice of pillows. Not even invited to the wine tasting, still had a bottle each night for dinner. Never saw a leather key holder either. Maybe these are new items this year.

This year we went with a cabin on the 5th deck and were very happy with the choice. Still had a bottle of wine with dinner each night to compliment an overall outstanding dining experience. Cannot wait to sail again, to Bermuda of course!

There are people standing around once you get off the ship offering the tours....always ask if they are a "blue flag" (think thats it...someone correct me if Im wrong) and ask to see it...should be a sign in their front windshield. We had a wonderful elderly man who had rather large ears and he wore glasses.....might help you notice him icon_biggrin.gif He was born and reaised on the island and was very kind and knowledgable.

There are signs posted on the wall directly in front of the stairs as you come down that have "approved" taxi prices set by the gov. Dont let anyone charge you more.

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

Dr. Seuss

Thanks for your postings. We booked room 1090 because of location and didn't realize until after it would be upgraded to CC. I'm a little worried because a different posting said it could be a bit noisy due to the opening and closing of door going out to the deck and the movement on the deck above. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. We've been on Carnival once (food so, so, but entertainment was great) and NCL Dawn once, which we hated! Both times we had balconies. I'm hoping not having a balcony won't be a big deal considering the upgraded amenities. I hear nothing but wonderful things about Celebrity!!

Countdown to Bermuda on the Zenith

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;06;26;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Our cruise was the 3/28 Western Caribbean and we were in 1095, the other end cabin by the "back door". I think they are the best cabins if you aren't going to splurge for a suite icon_smile.gif Noise never bothered us and it was SO handy to the back deck and just up one flight of stairs to the FOOD icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your cruise! icon_cool.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

EMILYSMOM

trust me .....you wont go back to Carnival unless your cruise revolves around shows. The shows on this ship were ok but I do agree that the shows on our Carnival cruise were GREAT.....everything else about Celebrity will change your mind! Simple things like waiters taking your tray at the end of the buffet line and carrying them to your table for you....linen on the plastic trays and the GREAT service and smiles from the crew....Have a great time!

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

Dr. Seuss

Thanks Char! I'm glad you enjoyed the cabin! It's good to know that there were no problems. My DH loves to go on food runs so it will be perfect for us icon_biggrin.gif This sounds like a silly question but does Celebrity have fish & chips? We had them on NCL and had them all the time! They were soooo yummy! That was the best part of NCL. LOL icon_wink.gif I know Celebrity has great food but when you have a craving you just have to go for it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;06;26;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0400

I dont recall ever seeing fish and chips last week......I love them also!

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

Dr. Seuss

I don't recall fish & chips either, but you never know, they may show up on the menu!

Char

ibeejd,

Sounds wonderful!!!! Trays being carried to your table???? Amazing!! After our last cruise (NCL Dawn) we vowed never to eat breakfast at the buffet, on any ship, again. The lines were long and you could barely maneuver around the other guests in addition to the ruderude crew members constantly sweeping the floor. They were always in our way!! The food was cold, etc. On Celebrity it sounds completely different.

We're not into the shows that much but do enjoy them once in awhile. It's not the main part of our cruise. What kind of activities go on during the day while in port? Karaoke (love to watch! icon_razz.gif), pool games, bingo, movies etc. or is it pretty quiet? I'm sure we'll be out and about most of the time seeing the sights but on a day where we may want to hang around the ship it's good to know.

Thanks to all for responding back to my many questions! I'm so excited to be going and love to hear everything about the cruise!

Char / ibeejd

I've read other posts about the "back deck" on level 10 and I was hoping that either of you could provide a little bit more detail about it I'll be in 1072, and celebrating my anniversary. I can only imagine what this stern deck must be like as you steam (diesel) Eastward towards Bermuda with a golden setting sun off of the stern, popping the cork on a chilled bottle of bubbly.

Are there tables & chairs on this deck? Is this deck only available to guests on the Atlantic deck? Thank you for the info and for putting up with my rather dumb questions.

JPinCT

Red

Right

Return

I was in 1076 and it was just a small walk to that deck. It was nice and usually pretty quiet even tho the grill was just above it. It was a great place to sit. No they dont have tables and chairs but we pulled the cushioned (very comfy!!) lounge chairs back against the wall and out of the wind and watched the water trail from the boat.....was very beautiful. I was up early a few times and grabbed a book before people were out and about and that was a great spot.

As for activities while were in port....I have NO IDEA. Bermuda is sooooo wonderful...dont waste any of your days staying on the boat. There is so much to do and see....you wont be sorry! Thats what sea days are for.

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

Dr. Seuss

All of our Celebrity cruises have been great also. I have yet to have a waiter carry my tray in the buffet. I always see two or three waiters standing at attention talking to each other. I don't need help but it makes me wonder why no one cares to wait on me.

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Sorry to hear that Brigittetom...

It did appear to be a hit and miss thing for some people...they appeared to be helping mostly the elderly woman but I had mine carried a time or two. Dont give up icon_biggrin.gif

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

Dr. Seuss

Ibee, Well, you just put that into perspective for me. I'll take it as a compliment meaning I look totally capable and I'll just carry my own tray. icon_biggrin.gif Actually, I couldn't care less but just have to wonder when I read how they always carry trays. The only thing I care about is that the staff be friendly.

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Re:tray carrying

I noticed that if you go during the "rush" hour of the buffet, you might not get your tray carried...they seemed to be watching for guests who really needed the help. But if the lines are not too long your chances of having a waiter available to carry your tray are about 90%. icon_cool.gif

Char

Now that you mention it Char that seems to be exactly how it worked. When I was up fairly early is when my tray got nabbed!

As for the crew being friendly....It was amazing to me....never once did I pass any crew member (even some in jumpsuits from below) that did not say Good Afternoon ma'am or hello and a smile. It was very nice to say the least and everyone I came in contact with was helpful. After only a week on board Id be willing to be at least 10 crew members addressed be by name.... icon_biggrin.gif

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

Dr. Seuss

Archived