Airport parking

SkittleFreak

I was wondering if the Urban legends are true, that it isn't safe to leave your car at the airport.

Indianapolis doesn't have a shuttle bus service like Toronto, and I'd rather spend the extra money on excursions rather than a limo...and when we get back from our honeymoon, the last person I want to see is my mother-inlaw picking us up.

So I'm left with leaving my car with out of state plates at the airport for a week, and just wondered what experiences other people have had

thanks

I've left my car in long time parking in Boston and in Norfolk, VA a number of times, and have never had any kind of problem. I also find it very convenient so that I'm not bugging other people for lifts to/from the airport.

If you're concerned about safety of your car parking at the airport, have you checked some of the off site parking lots?

They're secure and there is usually someone on site 24/7.

Newark/Liberty Airport in NJ is not one of the best places.......and we use an off site lot every time we travel. Have never had a problem. (and they even wash the car before you return!)

Check the local lots.......we usually can find a coupon for a free night online for our favorite lot.

• 7 years later...
I just parked my car at a long term offsite parking lot next to the San Jose Airport and it was easy. They service was much better than the regular lots the airports provide. The shuttle picked me up 5 minutes after I called for it, and the shuttle driver literally dropped me off at my car and helped load my suitcases.

To get a free coupon that makes parking at these offsite lots up to 70% off the regular long term airport parking price, go to www.longtermparking.com. They have free coupons for parking at long term offsite parking lots at airports all over the United States. Pretty soon they will expand their services to cruise port parking lots!!

Also go to their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/longtermparkingdotcom and like their page to get an announcement when they expand to cruise ports.

MsBlues

And the reason for reviving this thread is?:confused:

Question asked and answered in 2004.

:)

I see you are fairly new here (6 posts as of today)

glad to see you are reading some of the older stuff as there's a lot of good info to be found

I would suggest tho that responding to an old post has limited value to the original question, so unless you have something REALLY new and significant . . .

The previous post to your reply was from 2004 . . .

I see you are fairly new here (6 posts as of today)

glad to see you are reading some of the older stuff as there's a lot of good info to be found

I would suggest tho that responding to an old post has limited value to the original question, so unless you have something REALLY new and significant . . .

The previous post to your reply was from 2004 . . .

And all the posts are to threads about airport parking.

And the wording sounds suspiciously like a commercial.

hmmmmm.....

:)

Archived