? abt guarentee catagory

I have never booked this because I am afraid of it..but I do have a question.

When I book.. do I get assigned a room fairly quickly? ( I have read comment and it appears its in a few days. If I do this and I get a room that I dont like can I cancel (before the 90days) or change the catagory?

I just dont want to be in the basement rowing...

thanks

It is possible that you will get your assignment before final payment, but there is a good chance you will not get it until a few weeks before sailing. There is a chance you will not get it until you arrive at the pier. Do not book a gty unless you can be happy enough with the worst room in that category and the worst room in higher categories. for example, if you absolutely do not want to be on a low deck, do not book an inside or outside gty...you could be assigned a room on deck 2. I would be OK with that for the right price...if you are not fine with it, do not do book those as gty. I have booked many gty, and always get what was promised or a tiny bit better...I have never been asked to row.

Unless you will be satisfied with the “worst” cabin in the guarantee category, it is best not to book a guarantee. Yes – it might be possible to change to a different cabin in that same category – but many times there are none available. There are stories of one booking an inside deck 2 guarantee and getting a suite, but if these stores are true, they are VERY rare.

We have booked a guarantee several times and each time received the lowest cabin in the guarantee category. – No better-No worse than what RCCL promised.

If location is not important, the price is right, and you’ll be happy with the guarantee category, go for it.

We've had assignments as soon as booking (prior to final payment) to as late as a few days prior to sail date.

Good luck.

Just last week we booked the Independance for this November. Final payment pending. We booked a balcony gty, with in 2 days we got our assigned Cat. D3 stateroom, location was OK. Since assignment we switched to another D3 stateroom with no problem. I suppose if I wanted I could have cancelled for a full refund of my deposit, if I did not like the stateroom assigned.

How were you notified of the assigned cabin number? Email, phone?

We just booked a guarantee balcony for AK on 8/31 and I was wondering how I'd learn of the cabin number assignement.

We just booked a guarantee balcony for AK on 8/31 and I was wondering how I'd learn of the cabin number assignement.

You would find out by looking at your reservation on Celerity's website.

We booked through RCI...so yes I just looked up the booking on the RCI web site and there was our stateroom number. I believe this would be true even if we had booked through a TA.

We booked a balcony guarantee on Oasis for June 9th and got a category D2 on deck 8. We were very happy with that. I checked the website and signed in and my reservation was there with my room number just a few days after booking. The next day I got an email from my TA with the details. My DH would like to be higher on the ship so maybe we'll see if we can get a room in the same category higher on the ship. I didn't know you could do that.

Archived