Frederiksted beach to Christiansted for lunch?

Mach1

Is it possible to do a beach in Frederiksted then take a taxi out to Christiansted for lunch and sight seeing then back to Frederiksted before the ship leaves?

I've read it can be a 30 min taxi ride, but also wondering if at times there is more traffic that can end up taking longer?

Would it be best to stay in one or the other town for beach and lunch?

Thank you so much!

~Anna

It all depends on how long you plan on staying at the beach. It is at least 30 minutes to get to Christiansted so you're looking at an hour of travel time minimum. There is one beach right off the pier when you dock, Rainbow if I remember that has a few places to eat right there. So depending on when your ship is scheduled to leave you might be pushing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your replies!

We wanted to check out the FORT CHRISTIAN BREW PUB in Christiansted, and also do some swimming / snorkeling at one of the beaches closer to the port.

Has anyone been to this Brew Pub and have any comments?

Recommendation of beach that is good for snorkeling?

I went to the brew pub a few weeks ago. The views are lovely, but I wasn't real crazy about the pub. I didn't think they did a good job of marketing their beer, and the bartender couldn't explain a food item on the lunch menu. I ended up eating seafood chowder at Angry Nate's a few doors down, and that was very good!

There's a fort in Frederiksted, and a beach with good snorkeling not too far from the dock, so you could easily spend the day there. In fact, you could probably visit more than one beach if you stay in/near Frederiksted.

I liked the brewery in San Juan better.

I went to the brew pub a few weeks ago. The views are lovely, but I wasn't real crazy about the pub. I didn't think they did a good job of marketing their beer, and the bartender couldn't explain a food item on the lunch menu. I ended up eating seafood chowder at Angry Nate's a few doors down, and that was very good!

There's a fort in Frederiksted, and a beach with good snorkeling not too far from the dock, so you could easily spend the day there. In fact, you could probably visit more than one beach if you stay in/near Frederiksted.

I liked the brewery in San Juan better.

Thank you for getting back to me!

I also liked the Brewery in San Juan - my DH collect's glasses from Breweries so I always try to stop by one if I'm in the area, but I don't want to waste my time - I guess we should have a plan A and a plan B, St Croix is our last stop so who knows what we'll be in the mood for at that point.

BTW - I had to chuckle a little at Angry Nates - we have a Brewery here called Angry Hanks :D very good beer!

Anna, I had the sancocho (sp?) at the Harbor Brewery in San Juan, and it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I could have eaten maybe 3 bowls.

When I was in San Juan on that trip, I also tried an Italian beer - uh, oh. What's the name??? I had it at Antonelli's (sp? again!), and I think it was Perroni. I really liked that one. They have a 2 for $5 special on that brand.

You know, I don't remember seeing souvenir glasses at Ft Christian Brew Pub. They need a Marketing Manager or something to build their brand, IMO.

There's actually a lot to do on St Croix. Maybe you should see the beer drinking pigs instead of going to the Brew Pub!

Archived