Las Caletas---Food and Beverage Included

Palomino

Hi

We are going on the Carnival Pride this Sunday and we are booking the Las Caletas tour through the ship. I have been told that it includes a continental breakfast, mexican style lunch, all of your beverages, snorkel equipment, kayaking, and a full day of fun.

Have fun,

Tracie

Yes, all your food and drinks are included and for "tour food" V.A. Las Caletas has some of the best. You will like this tour, out of all the boat/beach tours in Vallarta (I have been on ALL of them) this one is the best.

The food is included. when you get off the boat - go directly down to the beach, there are several tables right on the beach next to the water. If you get one of these tables it makes for a lovely experience. Even if you don't the other tables are a few feet away

The food is included. when you get off the boat - go directly down to the beach, there are several tables right on the beach next to the water. If you get one of these tables it makes for a lovely experience. Even if you don't the other tables are a few feet away

Thanks for the tip. This is exactly the kind of information that I love getting from these boards!

This is one of the more generous and flexible tours.

The tour boat, usually the double-decker one, sometimes leaves a bit late but they will be carrying around coffee, orange juice or the like, pastries, fresh fruit on trays, and I believe there is a big bin of cold bottled water on the lower level next to the bar as well. I am unsure if the alcohol is completely free, but the beer is.

Once on the resort grounds, you walk along the shoreline a short distance and then it opens up infront of you both along the water and up the hillside short distances; there are a scattering of bars throughout the comlex where you can get everything from ice to soda to a mixed drink, all on the house.

I seem to remember there being some light food items out immediately, like fruit and such, but I could be wrong.

Lunch is announced by the ringing of a bell/gong, and those out and about make their way to the seating areas clustered at the center/right of the complex (if you were looking at it from the water).

There are waiters to walk you to a table and take any drink orders and to pick up empty plates, etc.

The food is buffet-style and the line can be slow at times, but the quantities are generous:

green salad, dressings (the pale green one is HOT!), cut veggie/fruit, cooked veggies, rice, beans, roasted chicken, and paella (mixed seafood/sausage/rice/saffron/veggies/sauce dish- amazingly good!) on the main buffet.

There is a smaller table that is easy to miss off to the side with sweet fruits and breads and pitchers with water and iced tea usually, and coffee will usually appear here later as well.

The only caveat is that if you take TOO long to meander up seating might be farther from the buffet and you can cut deeply into the free time post-meal before they ring the bell to re-board the boat.

S

The alcohol was all free however they do not open the bar until after the water activities of the tour are completed (which is at lunch time). Once they open the bar you are not allowed to snorkel or kayak but you can swim and use the beach all you want.

Sue

Diamond Princess 11/6/04

We will be returning to PV in March 2006 and this is the excursion that I am wanting to book for this trip. We will have our DD with us and this seems like a good day where you can do alot of different things.

The ONLY thing that is keeping this from being a definite deal is the boat ride over. DH gets seasick. He does fine on cruise ships, but the smaller boats are an issue.

How long is the boat ride there & back and what type of boat. I saw "double-decker" sometimes... other times I have seen tri-hull. I know tri-hulls are pretty steady, but what about the others? This boat has to be pretty steady or I will need to make other plans.

It just sounds like a heavenly day - especially since it is pouring down rain outside now and I wish I was back on Stone Island with Randi & crew!

We will be returning to PV in March 2006 and this is the excursion that I am wanting to book for this trip. We will have our DD with us and this seems like a good day where you can do alot of different things.

The ONLY thing that is keeping this from being a definite deal is the boat ride over. DH gets seasick. He does fine on cruise ships, but the smaller boats are an issue.

How long is the boat ride there & back and what type of boat. I saw "double-decker" sometimes... other times I have seen tri-hull. I know tri-hulls are pretty steady, but what about the others? This boat has to be pretty steady or I will need to make other plans.

It just sounds like a heavenly day - especially since it is pouring down rain outside now and I wish I was back on Stone Island with Randi & crew!

Suziehmkr--I get seasick too, but Bonine works very well for me. We went Halibut fishing in Alaska this year and the boat was rocking like crazy when we first stopped to fish. The motion didn't bother me in the least. My youngest daughter, niece, and dad (who didn't think they needed drugs) were miserable. I always take Bonine just in case. I only wish I wpuld have thought to take it before that Mt. McKinley flight!

Thanks Palomino! Is this something that I need to get from a doctor or is it OTC? I have seen it mentioned, but never ventured further to see how to get it.

It is OTC. I have purchase it at Rite Aid and at WalMart. I think you can find it at any drugstore. It is very inexpensive.

Archived