Transatlantic entertainment

Toots

We'll be 8 days at sea on the Journey next month, wondering what kind of entertainment we'll have. They can't fly in different performers during that time, so what has been your experience?

On the October TA, there were 3 enrichment lecturers, an arts and crafts instructor, a bridge instructor. They switched off at night. I think the staff did 2 nights, the CD 2 nights and another comedian and I think 2 or 3 other entertainers. Plenty to do or not :)

Now that Eric is not going to be on this TA, I wonder if the other CD can possibly live up to Eric :(

My boyfriend is the orchestra pianist on board the Journey! He loves to entertain, so I'm sure he'll work in some sort of show in addition to the ones that will be in the theater!

Check out his blog, he just signed on today, but updates it frequently with a lot of information pertaining to the entertainment!

http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

I don't know if this is considered "entertainment", but does anyone speak french? Would love to have conversations with people on this TA who are francophones.

Also----(pertaining to my other post above) my boyfriend on board (Rory) speaks French quite well! :)

I was wondering if there would be any French classes on our TA over to France. Oceania had excellent Spanish classes on one of our TA cruises. It might help us when we read a menu or get lost in Paris...LOL

Marion

Avec grand plaiir. Cordialement, Paul

Cher Paul, merci de votre gentille reponse. En fait, c'est moi Mike qui parle francais (ou plutot tente de le faire) non pas ma femme Barbara bien que ce soit elle qui a envoye le premier message. Ca nous serait un grand plaisir de vous retouver sur le bateau (Nous sommes les Halpern's) de West Newton dans le Massachusetts (tout pres de Boston). Cordialement, aussi de notre part.

Also----(pertaining to my other post above) my boyfriend on board (Rory) speaks French quite well! :)

Hi Thanks for the reply to my wife Barbara's question. We hope to meet you and rory on the cruise. Thanks again. Mike Halpern,

Cher Mike, alors voila un voyage interessant assure! (Je m'excuse, mais mon computer ne fait pas les accents). Nancy et moi seront enchantes de faire votre connaissance. Nous autres, nous habitons le potelin de Hummelstown, avoisine a Hershey en Pennsylvanie. Moi je suis Belge d'origine -- malheureusement Nancy, comme Barbara n'est pas francophone. A bientot donc, salut, Paul

My boyfriend is the orchestra pianist on board the Journey! He loves to entertain, so I'm sure he'll work in some sort of show in addition to the ones that will be in the theater!

Check out his blog, he just signed on today, but updates it frequently with a lot of information pertaining to the entertainment!

http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

I just came over to the Azamara boards today because I'm thinking about a cruise later this year and here you are. Was wondering what happened. The Journey is lucky to have Rory and he will be as big a hit as he was on the Silhouette.

Ciao

Cher Mike, alors voila un voyage interessant assure! (Je m'excuse, mais mon computer ne fait pas les accents). Nancy et moi seront enchantes de faire votre connaissance. Nous autres, nous habitons le potelin de Hummelstown, avoisine a Hershey en Pennsylvanie. Moi je suis Belge d'origine -- malheureusement Nancy, comme Barbara n'est pas francophone. A bientot donc, salut, Paul

C'est genial d'avoir votre reponse (moi non plus, je n'ai pas d'accents pour ecrire). Bien sur, faut que les deux couples se retrouvent, certainement pour un diner, (vous deux jouez au trivia? sur la mer, les jours ont une certaine longueur). Nous connaissons bien Hershey parce que nous avons habite Philadelphia pendant 25 ans et nous y avons passe maints dimanches pour que ma fille puisse faire le tour de l'usine (une fois de plus et nous aurions ete prets a nous suicider).

J'ai pris la liberte de rechercher votre nom sur le net. C'est vous, le frugal oenologist? Formidable.

We'll be 8 days at sea on the Journey next month, wondering what kind of entertainment we'll have. They can't fly in different performers during that time, so what has been your experience?

Hello Toots and other Transatlantic Travelers -

Je ne parle pas français! But, I'm able to share with you in plain English an overview of the entertainment program on the Journey's transatlantic voyage from Paris to New York, thanks to our ship's operations team.

The transatlantic will be a very full and active cruise experience for entertainment. There is a comedian, two vocalists, pianist and a comedy magic act already booked as guest entertainers as well as the customary 'crossing activities' including a crew and guest talent shows, tug of war, dance classes and a brand new concept: the new production shows of 8 performers premiering 4 brand new shows. In addition to all of this, there will be several enrichment speakers to keep guests busy during the days as it gets chillier outside.

Paul Bernard, I noticed your separate post inquiring if other guests traveling on this voyage were chess players. I've learned from Host Andy, that you would be better served if you were to post requests as this on the Roll Call Forum :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=467, where you can find and make contact with other Cruise Critic friends on your sailing. Please locate your ship and sailing date, and post on your Roll Call.

We look forward to welcoming all of you onboard next month!

Bon Voyage!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Choirs are becoming popular on longer voyages with plenty of at sea days.

Sometimes, the peformers will take this on with the orchestra pianist doing the accompanying - Azamara Quest from Piraeus to Dubai.

On Celebrity, the a capella group coached us thru the singing and choreography. Everyone had a super time.

Hope this activity could be an option??? :)

Hello Toots and other Transatlantic Travelers -

Je ne parle pas français! But, I'm able to share with you in plain English an overview of the entertainment program on the Journey's transatlantic voyage from Paris to New York, thanks to our ship's operations team.

The transatlantic will be a very full and active cruise experience for entertainment. There is a comedian, two vocalists, pianist and a comedy magic act already booked as guest entertainers as well as the customary 'crossing activities' including a crew and guest talent shows, tug of war, dance classes and a brand new concept: the new production shows of 8 performers premiering 4 brand new shows. In addition to all of this, there will be several enrichment speakers to keep guests busy during the days as it gets chillier outside.

Paul Bernard, I noticed your separate post inquiring if other guests traveling on this voyage were chess players. I've learned from Host Andy, that you would be better served if you were to post requests as this on the Roll Call Forum :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=467, where you can find and make contact with other Cruise Critic friends on your sailing. Please locate your ship and sailing date, and post on your Roll Call.

We look forward to welcoming all of you onboard next month!

Bon Voyage!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like there will be plenty to do on this T/A. I am really looking forward to it.

Diane

Hi Thanks for the reply to my wife Barbara's question. We hope to meet you and rory on the cruise. Thanks again. Mike Halpern,

Fantastic! Unfortunately I will not be there as I am still finishing up school at the moment, but you should have no problem meeting up with rory. If you would like, I could get you and him in contact closer to your cruise? Let me know :)

I just came over to the Azamara boards today because I'm thinking about a cruise later this year and here you are. Was wondering what happened. The Journey is lucky to have Rory and he will be as big a hit as he was on the Silhouette.

Ciao

Hi there! Awhile ago I posted back on the silhouette board and the board on celebrity about rory's new cruise plans (maybe a month ago?) but it is great to hear from a familiar follower again!!!!! Hopefully your paths will cross again in the future, rory loves cruising and entertaining.....so I don't think he is going anywhere :)

Choirs are becoming popular on longer voyages with plenty of at sea days.

Sometimes, the peformers will take this on with the orchestra pianist doing the accompanying - Azamara Quest from Piraeus to Dubai.

On Celebrity, the a capella group coached us thru the singing and choreography. Everyone had a super time.

Hope this activity could be an option??? :)

Were you on the Silhouette? My boyfriend Rory was the pianist that accompanied the choir in Nov. and the beginning of December.

Oui, en effet, c'est bien moi. Dans ma retraite je m'amuse a ecrire des petites critiques de vins; aussi d'hotels, dailleurs. Nous avons fait le tour d'usine une foix seulement, en compagnie des fillettes d'une amie de Nancy. Moi, en tout cas, etais pret a me suicider apres dix minutes. Tout par hazard, vous ne jouez pas aux echecs? Pour moi, c'est le passe temps ideal pour les matinees a bord. Ca sera notre premiere croisiere avec Azamara, je suis bien curieux quest-ce-que ca va donner.

Were you on the Silhouette? My boyfriend Rory was the pianist that accompanied the choir in Nov. and the beginning of December.

One of the a capella singers accompanied us on the piano during our voyage on Equinox in November, 2012.

The guys were so upbeat, personable and patient. I think they had as much fun as the guests.

One of the a capella singers accompanied us on the piano during our voyage on Equinox in November, 2012.

The guys were so upbeat, personable and patient. I think they had as much fun as the guests.

Was this "Full Tilt" ? We took the Transatlantic on the Equinox and I thought they were excellent - it's a shame that they are an 'ad hoc' group that won't continue with the current lineup. They all seemed to love what they were doing and had so much time for the guests.

Oui, en effet, c'est bien moi. Dans ma retraite je m'amuse a ecrire des petites critiques de vins; aussi d'hotels, dailleurs. Nous avons fait le tour d'usine une foix seulement, en compagnie des fillettes d'une amie de Nancy. Moi, en tout cas, etais pret a me suicider apres dix minutes. Tout par hazard, vous ne jouez pas aux echecs? Pour moi, c'est le passe temps ideal pour les matinees a bord. Ca sera notre premiere croisiere avec Azamara, je suis bien curieux quest-ce-que ca va donner.

Salut Paul, Oui je joue aux echecs, mais pas particulierement bien. J'ai beaucoup joue en ado pour l'equipe de ma lycee, ensuite j'ai renonce a cause du fait je devenait obsessionel a propos du jeu. Apres environ cinquante ans, J'ai recemment recommence (a un niveau absolument plus bas) avec mon ordinateur, et serait heureux de tenter une partie avec vous, bien que je doute d'etre un grand defi.

Zut alors, c'est la troisieme foix que l'ordinateur a avale ma reponse! Tout comme vous, j'etais excessivement passione du jeu et quand j'ai remarque que je jouais des parties dans ma tete au lieu de dormir la nuit, j'ai tire le frein. Ces jours ci, je joue contre Nancy les soirs et contre un programme de l'ordinateur (Grand Master Challenge--un veritable fort en theme). En tout cas, entammons une partie a bord.

Was this "Full Tilt" ? We took the Transatlantic on the Equinox and I thought they were excellent - it's a shame that they are an 'ad hoc' group that won't continue with the current lineup. They all seemed to love what they were doing and had so much time for the guests.

Make that read - November 2011

Yes, it was 'Full Tilt'.

They put on many shows at different times and locations on the ship. There are some areas on the S-class ships that are not suitable at all for performances with lots of people milling about who are absolutely clueless that a show is in progress.

The area that typically houses the ping-pong table outside Quasar is an example of one as well as the space by the main staircases near Guest Relations. The party band will be playing with people dancing and others trying to cut across the floor to get to the other side. Yikes! Brings to mind a version of Roller Derby without the rollerblades. :eek:

Archived