Loterie Farms Zip Lines

andnickali

I will be in St. Martin in May and am looking to do the Loterie Farms zip line excursion. I have found some threads about it being hard to locate (for taxi drivers and people that rented cars), and have also heard that if a tour is booked by the cruise ships that individuals not with the tour will not be admitted. The excursion through the ship is $79, does anybody know what the price is through Loterie, or would it be worth just paying the extra to get reliable transportation and a guaranteed admittance?

We paid $39/person for the actual zip line tour. It was something like $8/person for the taxi each way(that isnt exact as I cant remember for sure, but it is close) So it is of course cheaper to do it on your own.

If you are on a RCCL ship, I dont think they will let you book on your own though. You can try to go over and beat the ship tour there, which you probably could, just dont mention that you are on a cruise ship Its a risk though. I guess it depends on how tight money is and how badly you want to make sure you do the tour.

Anyone know their e-mail address? I'm on a Carnival ship and would like to do the tour. There are several other RCI ships in port that day, so I would like to try to book ahead of time if I could.

Mainly, I would like to know if I need to focus my efforts into finding something else to do while in St. Maartin.

Thanks for the info, I have heard that the place is hard to find and the last thing I want is to get there and not have a spot. I think I am just going to pay the extra for the tour.

I am not sure of the web site address, I think I googled it. But, if I remember right their web site does not say anyting about the zip lines??

http://www.loteriefarm.com/

Thats the website. There is no mention of the zip-line there, it does exist though. I tried to email them several times before I went last Dec. and I could never get through. We also tried to call them once we got on the island, but Loterie is on the French side of the island and we docked on the Dutch side. Its an international call to get the French side from the Dutch side, go figure.

I went on a similar tour in Ochos Rios - The canopy tour. Is this similar. I have heard that there are not guides on every platform and when we did it in Ochos Rios there were guides on every platform. In fact they would help you on the platform when you landed. Also there was one where you went straight down where they tempered the landing.

Can someone who did this exact tour give me some more details. I have booked with my daughter but I am a little apprehensive this time.

Thanks

We did this tour 1/9, booked through RCCL, we were on Adventure. Best excursion ever! (our 5th cruise) More than happy to answer any questions. No, there were not guides at every platform but there are so many platforms that you get the hang of it and I wouldn't consider it a concern. You cannot take a camera with you on the course, but can get some pictures after you finish. The first person in your party can get the rest as they finish and you can run back and get a few others of the course (if you're not too busy enjoying your rum punch).

Thanks, since we are also coming in on RCCL I was hoping to get a response from someone that booked through the ship. How crowded was the tour and how long were you there for? I am still debating on going out on my own without booking through the ship, did you see other people able to just walk up and get a spot? I read somewhere the course is not really that big- were the zip lines crossing back over the same areas? What other tours did you do while on Adventure- we are going to St. Thomas and San Juan.

Shannon

My son and I did this while we were there on Serenade in January and had a great time! I had called Loterie Farms before we booked on line, and confirmed that we could not do this on our own if we were on an RCI ship - they have a contract with RCI and it would jeopardize their contract to take independent bookings from RCI cruisers (this is common to many excursion companies on this and other islands that have cruise company contracts). And RCI does check. Besides, they are closed on Monday, the day Serenade is in port, and run the tour only for the scheduled RCI excursion. The day we were there we say 2 taxi loads of people pull up and get turned away. I'd say book it through the ship - it's totally worth it, and we normally do not do ship excursions, preferring to book our own.

Jodi

Archived