Oasis D1 or D6

Would you pay $300 more for a D1 on the hump (7596) or stick with D6 (12728)? I've just about ruled out the JS because it is $1,300 more than the D1.

Anyone stayed in either of these rooms - 7596 or 12728 and any comments?

Trying to make a decision and book today!!

If I was assured that I could get a lounger on the D1 I would probably go for it. I have 12728 on the Allure as of now. I love aft facing balcony staterooms for the view and especially for the extra room for loungers. Love to be totally relaxed on my private deck of the ship and sleep outdoors. Since the only aft facing possibilities on Oasis/Allure are Aqua Suites(way out of my price range), I thought being as close as possible to public aft viewing area with those nice loungers would be the next best thing.......Caution! I snore loudly and wake up like a bear:D

Would you pay $300 more for a D1 on the hump (7596) or stick with D6 (12728)? I've just about ruled out the JS because it is $1,300 more than the D1.

Go for the hump cabins...the balconies are 80 sq ft vs. 50 in a D6...big difference....PLUS views aft & for are better on the hump... we had 9594 on the Oasis...loved the location...

Big Al

No.. The cabin size is the same so no difference there. It comes down to how much time will you spend on your balcony. Oasis has a lot to do, and on my last trip I didn't use the balcony that much. You have to ask yourself how much time will I spend out there. This is always a personal choice. Now if the room size gave you more space then it might be worth it.

We just had to make that choice too. We choose the D1. We love aft balconies on the other class of ships. We can't afford that on the Allure so we are going with a larger balcony on the hump for about $300 more. Counting on getting a lounger. We want to remember that we are on the ocean on the Allure and this seems the best way to do it. Breakfast on the balcony, nap on a sea day and quiet nights when the ship goes to bed - that's what a balcony is for.

Archived