What time will the first bus leaves for Port Canerval?

We are flying in the day before our cruise and staying at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport. I was wondering what time the first bus will leave for Port Canerval the next morning. I would like to be on the ship as soon as possible to maximize the money spent for this vacation.

I havent used it recently it was 9am but now PATs have changed I think it would be circa 9.30am > 10am.

Best to ask the DCL CMs at the airport on your arrival.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it when I arrive. I'm trying to map out some fun things for the family to do in St. Marteen and St. Thomas, any suggestions?

We just returned from a cruise to the East Caribbean in January and enjoyed both of these ports. In St. Thomas we booked an excursion through our cruiseline (Carnival) that went to Meagen's Bay beach. Meagens Bay is rated one of the top 10 in the nation and it was BEAUTIFUL!! Kind of a quiet, private beach and so big that you can walk and find your own peaceful area if you wanted to. We are doing our first Disney cruise next January (2014) and plan to go back to Meagens Bay but this time we will take our own taxi, much cheaper.

In St. Marteen, we booked an excursion on our own through Benards Travel Tours. They were fantastic, the tour guide was amazing and showed us so many beautiful parts, both Dutch and French. The tour we chose took us to Orient Beach and Maho Beach.

Enjoy, these places are fabulous!

Thanks for the info. I will look into it when I arrive. I'm trying to map out some fun things for the family to do in St. Marteen and St. Thomas, any suggestions?

We just returned from a cruise to the East Caribbean in January and enjoyed both of these ports. In St. Thomas we booked an excursion through our cruiseline (Carnival) that went to Meagen's Bay beach. Meagens Bay is rated one of the top 10 in the nation and it was BEAUTIFUL!! Kind of a quiet, private beach and so big that you can walk and find your own peaceful area if you wanted to. We are doing our first Disney cruise next January (2014) and plan to go back to Meagens Bay but this time we will take our own taxi, much cheaper.

In St. Marteen, we booked an excursion on our own through Benards Travel Tours. They were fantastic, the tour guide was amazing and showed us so many beautiful parts, both Dutch and French. The tour we chose took us to Orient Beach and Maho Beach.

Enjoy, these places are fabulous!

I agree we had Bernards tours at St M and lots of cruisers booked them as well.

Thank you! I was thinking Maegan's Bay for St. Thomas and the Bernard's tours does look interesting. I will have two small children with me. Would you recommend this for them? I don't want to spend the money if they're not going to enjoy it.

We had our 2 daughters with us, they were 6 and 3 and both seemed to really enjoy it. Meagens Bay was our absolute favorite, just gorgeous! The beach there is magnificent and both of my girls loved the sand and ocean there.

As for St. Maarten, I really think they enjoy the tour more than the beaches. One stop on the tour was the Iguana farm and they both loved this, they let the kids feed the iguanas and so it was a lot of fun. There were 2 beaches on our tour, Orient Beach was nice, lots of room for sand time and the ocean was nice. This particular beach will have topless women so beware but honestly, my girls were so wrapped up with the sand and ocean and they never noticed. The tour guide will not stop at the full nudity side, due to kids on the bus, they specifically state that but the other side is topless optional so just beware...once again, we didn't see an issue at all. As for the other beach in the stop, it was Maho where the planes fly in and it was ok. there was a lot of beach room to play but just a nice stop and the kids enjoyed seeing the planes coming in since they were so close. Our tour guide gave us more time at Orient beach and cut our time at Maho since Orient was more kid friendly and everyone on the tour opted to go this route. We also stopped at an over look point for pictures and while there a man was pulling sea urchins out of the ocean for everyone to view. This was not part of Bernards but appaerntly he does this regularly and Bernards told us about it on the way there. So the girls LOVED getting to hold a live sand dollar and starfish.

Very nice tour over all! Highly recommend both for both places!:)

We are flying in the day before our cruise and staying at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport. I was wondering what time the first bus will leave for Port Canerval the next morning. I would like to be on the ship as soon as possible to maximize the money spent for this vacation.

The first bus usually leaves around 9:30. You used to be able to check-in at the airport and receive your boarding card, but they've changed it. Your boarding number is now tied to your pre-selected check-in time. So regardless when you arrive at the terminal, that check-in time will decide what boarding number you get and when you can board. So, as soon as you can, check-in online and select your check-in time. DCL has stated that IF you arrive at the port prior to your check-in time, they can deny you entry to the port building, though if you're on their transport they won't. Using DCL transport from MCO used to allow one to get a low boarding card if they caught the first am bus, not anymore. If you catch the first bus and have a later check-in time, you could find yourself sitting around the port building for awhile, as they usually beginning boarding at 11:45 for the family of the day and group 1.

Archived