Tours to Taroudant

SailorJack

I would like to hear from anybody who has taken a tour to Taroudant from Agadir. Was Taroudant a good tour? What was your impression? Would you recommend the tour agency you used?

Conversely, if you spent your time in Agadir, what did you see and do?

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Hi Jack,

I took the Silverseas' ship tour to Taroudant two years ago. The drive past the Atlas Mountains was enjoyable, plus the Goats In Trees was a sight to see. You will find out that the goats eat the fruit from the tree. Read this link http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/08-03/goats-in-trees-morocco-africa.html for more info.

Taroudant itself was a visit to a pharmacy (sales pitch and money in our guide's pocket) and time in a souk. As we left, we road by a fortification and stopped for a drink and saw a miniature reproduction of the fortified city.

The beginning was my favorite part.

SailorJack - There is a good discussion of the Taroudant option on the thread called "Info on Agadir, please" which began on January 18, 2008. I think this is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=695272&highlight=freddie

We loved our private tour to Taroudant. We stopped to play with the goats which climb trees and had a lovely lunch at Palais Salaam. Definitely better than staying in Agadir, which is pretty much just another big beach resort.

When you read this thread, it might be useful to ignore the various posts that deal with which guides are registered and which are not. We used Tangier Tours (and I think that Wripro used SousTours). Don't become obsessed with this matter, as it is not at all clear that it is relevant to most tourists.

Cheers, Fred

Archived