Miami Hotel with Parking

angel2wyld2

We are looking for a hotel in Miami that has the stay park and cruise deals. Not having much luck and what little I did find was CRAZY expensive. Thank You in Advance

We are looking for the same thing for Jan. 2013. La Quinta has been one hotel suggested to us (airport i think) however, sure would like to hear from someone who has actually stayed there.

We are looking for the same thing for Jan. 2013. La Quinta has been one hotel suggested to us (airport i think) however, sure would like to hear from someone who has actually stayed there.

Been there twice. Typical LQ. Room, breakfast and shuttle (from airport and to port). They also offer a shuttle back from port for $. Bennigans is next to them. About a mile away is other choices to eat. We didn't have a car. We plan on staying there again next March. The place fills quickly, so, you might want to book now.

Paul

Been there twice. Typical LQ. Room, breakfast and shuttle (from airport and to port). They also offer a shuttle back from port for $. Bennigans is next to them. About a mile away is other choices to eat. We didn't have a car. We plan on staying there again next March. The place fills quickly, so, you might want to book now.

Paul

Thanks!! Mostly concerned about parking the car there for 9 days!!!

We are looking for a hotel in Miami that has the stay park and cruise deals. Not having much luck and what little I did find was CRAZY expensive. Thank You in Advance

Days Inn airport North has a snooze and cruise package and includes free room upgrades and free parking and free shuttle service. Rooms are very reasonably priced and from the reviews I read the hotel was nice. As a bonus free drink coupons in the travelers lounge and free breakfast as well..!! :)

I also stayed at La Quinta Airport East in January. Was a decent place...we used the free shuttles (from airport to hotel and hotel to port). Breakfast was adequate till we got on the ship. Room was clean, beds comfy and despite the bad reviews I read about Bennigans...we thought the food was pretty good. Service was slow but we had nowhere to be. Here is my review from Trip Advisor and I really dont see where the naysayer reviews are coming from.

We had no problems with this hotel.

I knew before hand that we were only taking carry on luggage on the flight and would have no rental car to go shopping. So beforehand, I mailed my "non-flyables" sun blocks, shampoos, and large liquids I could not take on a plane. The front desk had my package when I got there.

So first, the shuttle. We used the courtesy phone at the airport and had maybe a 20 minute wait. Not bad! I also called at noon that day to reserve a spot on the shuttle to the port the next day as per a suggestion here on another review.

Next, check in. Took about 5 minutes. The front desk girls were very friendly. If you are using a AAA discount take your card. They do ask for it.

We were on the 2nd floor. Room was very clean and fresh smelling as was the bathroom. A/C had the room nice and cool and the beds were really comfy. Loved the soft comforters on them. The A/C made enough "white noise" that the airplanes were a non issue. There was a soda machine down the hall by the elevators, also an ice machine. We did not use the pool.

Dinner we went across the parking lot to Bennigans. Now since the gratuities are built into your check is probably why the service is so/so. We did have a little bit of a wait. We had nowhere to be though. I can say our food was very good. I had the appetizer sampler and my daughter had a bacon cheese burger w/fries. Portions were big and it was delicious.

We did get the pizza flyers under our door, looked over them and the prices were very reasonable. I think we paid about $35 at Bennigans, that was our 2 meals, sodas w/refills plus tip.

Breakfast the next morning was adequate. Hey, its free! Waffles you make yourself, cold cereals, fruit, yogurts, bagels and breads, boiled eggs and instant oatmeal. Coffee/tea, milks and juices. Fine to tide you over.

Check out was easy. They slipped the bill under your door in the morning and you just called the front desk if the bill is as its suppose to be..

Shuttle to the port was ontime picking us up. There was a race in downtown Miami that day which made traffic a nightmare so the shuttle was scheduled for 8:45 am. A 20 minute ride turned into an hour and a half but was no fault of the hotel or the driver. He even warned us before we left that traffic was horrible and we sat downtown in 1 spot for an hour. Only reason Im mentioning this is you might want to make sure there are no races the day you go!

This hotel was a good value, was very clean, staff friendly and I would absolutely stay here pre cruise again!

• 2 months later...

We stayed at both LaQuinta East Airport and Miami Comfort Suites North Springs Airport. Both have park and cruise. The comfort suites is three times as nice as the LaQuinta. The park and cruise package was only $99 for last Friday night (July 6). We used Stay 123 website for the reservation. The hotel has great reviews on tripadvisor as well. Check it out.

We have stayed there twice-did not park, but saw plenty that did. If you stay there, be sure to call about 8-9 AM in the morning of your stay(even if you are at home or on the road) and put your name in for the van to the port. We usually take the 10 AM one and practically walk into the boarding area and usually in group 4 or 5.

I just read what person above said-I got a cheaper senior rate for LQ, but have to admit, it is probably just a 2** and the Bennigans next to has lousy food and service and LQ does not have a restaurant. This LQ is not like the ones in the ads-somewhat worn down.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami in December for our cruise on the Glory. This HI does not have any extended cruise-parking availability, but I prefer to park at the port anyways. Of all the hotels that do have parking/shuttle...it's only a 1-way shuttle (to the port), and only for 2 people. You pay additional $ for extra people (kids, in my case), and You have to arrange your own transportation back to the hotel after your cruise to retrieve your car. Yes, I am aware that it's more expensive to park on-site at the port, but the convenience of your car being right there outweighs the cost difference.

Actually, if you book the Comfort Suites, Miami NOrth, they also arrange your shuttle transportation back to the hotel. It is done through KSA and you sign up when you arrive. They give you a green sticker to wear on the day you come back and the shuttle is waiting on you at the port. It was great service. You won't regret booking the Comfort Suites Miami Springs if you are looking for park, stay, shuttle service.

Actually, if you book the Comfort Suites, Miami NOrth, they also arrange your shuttle transportation back to the hotel. It is done through KSA and you sign up when you arrive. They give you a green sticker to wear on the day you come back and the shuttle is waiting on you at the port. It was great service. You won't regret booking the Comfort Suites Miami Springs if you are looking for park, stay, shuttle service.

Is there any place within walking distance to eat?

We are already booked at La Quinta airport east for Jan. 2013. But the Comfort Suites sounds so much better !! We are driving from Maine and do need the parking. Have never been in the Miami area...

Is there any place within walking distance to eat?

I didn't see any places to eat, but we didn't really drive around. We stopped in Ft. Lauderdale and ate dinner around 6pm. We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and checked in. We didn't leave until the shuttle picked us up the next day. You will most likely need to eat before you check in or take a taxi. I don't think you can walk to anything in that area.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34443-d2151519-Reviews-Comfort_Suites_Miami_Airport_North-Miami_Springs_Florida.html

You might try the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon. They have a secure parking garage - free parking for the length of your cruise, free one way shuttle to the cruise port and it's located in a good (safe) area.

The hotel is ranked #8 of 129 hotels in Miami and is very reasonably priced.

Be careful with a lot of suggestions you will get because the time of year you are staying in MIA can mean the difference between a $150 hotel becoming $300. Also, a lot of hotels don't offer cruise packages during peak season. Most near the port either won't offer extended parking or want twenty plus dollars a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

We've stayed at LaQuinta before and it was good for a pre-cruise night. We just booked it again for $66 for a King room with refrigerator and microwave along with the free parking, breakfast and shuttle to the port.

We stayed at La Quinta in Jan & April and will stay again in Oct. Not bad for the money, clean & aduquate. I would rather spend my money while on the cruise. Bennigans is good and not too expensive and within walking distance so we don't have to take the car out. We have stayed at Hampto Inn - Blue Lagoon area and yes it is nicer, but alot more expensivefor the dates we needed.

We've stayed at LaQuinta before and it was good for a pre-cruise night. We just booked it again for $66 for a King room with refrigerator and microwave along with the free parking, breakfast and shuttle to the port.

When are you going? And who did you book with?

• 2 months later...

We booked the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area. We got the SAIL AWAY PACKAGE. (includes overnight stay free hot breakfast buffet free outdoor parking for up to 14 days hsia shuttle to and from miami airport and one way transport to miami cruise port. return transportation is not included. transportation is for 2 people max.) Cost $169 before tax. Never had a 'bad' stay at a HIE so lets hope that good luck streak continues. Thanks for all the replies everyone. :)

Archived