Article "Is there anything we can't do on a cruise?"

bcd2010

The more the mega ships are hyped the more we're driven to the smaller cruise lines and their ships. We simply do not want to be on floating resort, at least not in the sense that the ship tries to be all things to all people all the time. We're destination cruisers meaning we cruise to visit different ports and countries. Sure it's kind of a "sail-by-visit" and certainly no immersion but it makes us happy. While we understand it's what some want, and that's just fine, the ship is not our destination and, in fact, the thought of more than two or three sea days in a row turns us off and with a few exceptions would probably keep us from picking an itinerary.

I'm open to trying them all ...loved both Freedom of the Seas Carnival Dream and NCL EPIC ...all different all wonderful even QM@2 was great

I love ships ....the only little guy was Ocean Princess ...handled seas well but entertainment was a real DUD but itinerary was GREAT

Size does not matter ///a ship has so many fine qualities !!!

Nice article. Thanks for sharing!

My husband and I are both 30, and while our friends our age sometimes tease us for our love of cruising, for us it's the best way to travel. I think the variety and styles of cruising available now are really opening the industry up to new clients, and it has also changed so much even in the six years since my husband and I started cruising.

Archived