Searching for 3 people, why am I getting rooms for 2?

me-shel

Looking at some options for 2, 3 or 4 people interior on the Inspiration 6/15/12.

When I start a booking for 2 people, I get rooms for 2, with two twins (or king). Fine.

When I start a booking for 4 people, I get rooms for 4, with two twins (or king) and two uppers. Fine.

When I start a booking for 3 people... I get rooms for 2 again, with just two twins (or king) and no uppers at all. (Ex: M116, M117, M133) What am I missing here? Where would they expect a 3rd person to sleep if there are only two twin beds?

So confused... :confused:

ETA: I would understand if maybe the room lilsted a couch (pull-out?) but it just says chair.

rollaway or trundle bed i'm guessing....i called CCL specifically because i wanted my 3rd to be an upper, not a trundle bed. they helped me out.

i would call, that way you can get what you want for sure. i pull up the website while on the phone with CCL when i'm booking.

A rollaway makes sense - though that seems like it would make the floor space pretty tight!

This is a pretty last minute decision, so we're not sure right now who can make it - that's why I'm looking at the different combinations of 2, 3 or 4 people.

Check this website for descriptions of the cabins. You can find this info by selecting 'OTHER', then click on the deck.

The cabins you mentioned have trundle beds.

If it isn't much more, get an OV.

the only problem is on these older ships the OV is the same size as the inside cabin.. but agree, its its like $20 more.. I would do it with 3 people.

OP trundle beds are the ones on the floor that are too short for adults. I had this option and my PVP could not promise I would get a rollaway and not a trundle bed, so we booked a quad with two uppers.. no way I am sleeping on a too short bed down on the floor.

Ahh, good to know trundle is a possibility. I'm all for being economical, but not necessarily if it means sleeping with my feet hanging off a bed. We'll definitely compare to the OV as well. And the L shape sounds like a good idea since we will have the beds separated.

Curious: Do the windows open on an OV?

No, the windows do not open. Now lets talk trundle. We are all very tall. My daughter and two grandchildren were across the hall from us in an inside on the Fantasy. They did the two regular beds in an L shape with the trundle making the beds in the cabin in a U shape with the bottom of the U against where the window would be in an OV cabin. The trundle is about 6 to 8 inches closer to the floor than the regular beds. The trundle is also about 6 inches shorter than a regular bed. It was OK (not great just OK) for the kids since they sleep on their sides with their knees pulled up to their chest. Our 11 year old granddaughter is 5 ft. 9 inches and if she slept on her stomach or back she would have been hanging over the edge. The cabin was OK but tight with three people. They truly only stayed there to sleep and shower.

We put 5 in a cabin on the Inspiration last October and the rollaway bed was wonderful. It was low to the ground, but very comfortable for my teenage daughter. I would think that if you got a room with a trundle and complained on the first night, your steward would have no problem bringing in a rollaway for you. I can't imagine they don't have *any* extras.

the only problem is on these older ships the OV is the same size as the inside cabin.. .

I know this. But sometimes cabins seem larger if there is a window.

I know for a fact the OV's have an upper for the 3rd person on the Inspiration.

Archived