Carnival's New Price Drop Form

dst

I noticed that the price for our upcoming January cruise dropped a bit, so I emailed my PVP and asked him to adjust the pricing (he has always done this) I got an email back from him telling me I was correct in the price drop but that I needed to complete a "Price Protection Form" and this is how the Supervisors adjust the price!

I have cruised with Carnival for several years but this is the first I have ever heard of this. Does anyone know if this is a new procedure; more importantly does anyone have this form?

I have spent over an hour on the Carnival website and can not locate this "Price Protection Form" ..... I wonder if this is Carnivals new way of making you work to get your credit :eek:

Someone, please help me out here....am I losing my mind?

Fly beat me to it. Here's the link, to find it on your own you go to the early saver advertisement on the home page and it has a link to the form.

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

My PVP told me to be sure and call in and have any agent verify with me the price and note my reservation with their employee id and the date and time that the price was available.

Then on the comments section of the form list their employee id and the date and time the fair was available.

I've gotten 2 reductions so far.

Thanks so much, yes we are on the Early Saver and I noticed that the prices went down so I email my PVP and he mentioned this form....news to me.

Where on earth did you find it; I looked everywhere :D

Thanks again

Janey: Thanks for the info (Fly is quick to respond)

I just emailed it to them. I would never have found it, well really I didn't you guys did :D

My price went down 50.00 per person, not a lot of money but certainly enough for a few DOD

Thanks again

Thanks so much, I had looked everywhere except in the obvious place :D

I wonder why the PVP's are no longer doing it?

I just did a price drop form on saturday (5/9). I am priced as an early saver.

Received an e-mail today (Monday) from Carnival showing they have made the adjustment. Pretty easy.

Oliver

They will still adjust standard bookings up until final payment. But early saver requires the form. I agree it's not easy to find if you don't know where to look. I saved it to my favorites so I don't have to look for it anymore.

If you don't hear from them on the drop by the time 48 hours is up. Call your pvp, sometimes the forms aren't going through or they aren't being comped even after they go through. Your PVP will put you on hold while they get the supervisor to drop it.

Today I was in the process of doing that and the price dropped another $30pp. So the super recommended filling out the new lower price then giving it 2 days, she could only lower it to the higher price I filed for. So it was better to file the lower one so I could be sure to get it before the price went back up. We'll see if this one goes through.

Each time you file a new form, write down the time and date, makes it easier for them to pull it up if they know when you sent it in. The ES program still has glitches and it's kind of a pain to call in when it doesn't go through but the benefits are worth it. As of this last drop we've earned $110pp ($220 total) in price drops.

Oliver: I agree its very easy to do; once you find the form :)

Poobears: I always love when the price goes down, I already committed to paying a certain price but extra money is always a bonus. You have done well this trip :) Lots of extra drinks for you!

I have saved it to my favorites as well

Jsme:

Once you download it, its on the bottom of your computer (toolbar) and comes right up - very handy!

Thanks for the info and beleive it or not I did see a drop of $10 pp on my cruise.

I just clicked on the link and it took me straight to the page. I did not have to download anything. I filled out the form and then hit summit. Nothing is on my toolbar.

Well heck this price drop didn't go through either. Made a quick call to the PVP and he pulled up the info and it shows the got the form but it's not even showing processing, same problem last time. He is going to call the supers and wait on hold so I don't have to and I will have my drop this afternoon. Yay

Now to watch for the next drop :D

This looks like a good thread to follow up on.

I'm looking to use the early saver form (I think rates have dropped about $50). Using carnival.com, is their a way to confirm I have an Early Saver booking and what rate I was at? I plan on double checking my bank statement, but figure it would be easier if there is a rundown on Carnvial.

Thanks.

I'm looking to use the early saver form (I think rates have dropped about $50). Using carnival.com, is their a way to confirm I have an Early Saver booking and what rate I was at? I plan on double checking my bank statement, but figure it would be easier if there is a rundown on Carnvial.

Thanks.

check your Confirmation paperwork. Otherwise Log-in and go to MY CRUISE and MY RESERVATION and check your booking. Otherwise call whoever you booked with. ken

Thanks.

If you go to Carnival.com and log-in. Then put in your booking number, if you haven't already.

Once you have your booking showing up - on the left hand side at the bottom is a line that says manage bookings - if you click on that - another line comes up - modify booking. If you scoll to the bottom, it should show you a breakdown of the amount of your cruise.

It doesn't say if it is early saver or not but you should know if you booked early saver, I would think. Mine shows a promo code of (DELETED) which may be the code for early saver but I'm not sure.

SORRY, I WAS LOOKING AT MY WRONG BOOKING - MY EARLY SAVER BOOKING HAS A PROMO CODE OF PEB AND AT THE BOTTOM IS A DISCLAIMER THAT I WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGES IF I CHANGE MY BOOKING.

I celebrated my pvp taking care of things too soon. He never called back and my price was never adjusted. I'm so done with PVPs, next time we will book the toll free # or online. This is a PIA to deal with someone that tells you something then doesn't do it.

Guess I'll call the carnival # tomorrow and have them give me the new PVP supervisor extension # so I can call and get it taken care of myself.

My price for Miracle sailing in Dec dropped this am. Called my PVP & she did form for me while I was on the phone. Said it would take 48hrs to "process" & I would be a confirmation email. I think it depends on your PVP wether they'll do the form for you...?:confused:

My price for Miracle sailing in Dec dropped this am. Called my PVP & she did form for me while I was on the phone. Said it would take 48hrs to "process" & I would be a confirmation email. I think it depends on your PVP wether they'll do the form for you...?:confused:

Lots of folks are not getting the confirmation email. So if you do not get it, check the OBC on your modify bookings and see if its been done, as often it gets done, but you arent told by email.

I didn't think I was getting confirmation emails, but I was! They were going directly to my spam folder.

I you have filtering enabled, check your spam folder, the confirmation could be in there!

My cruise price dropped again this week so I contacted my PVP, who is on vacation for 2 weeks. He always handled our price drop adjustments in the past. His backup told me they no longer do that, and that you have to fill out that form and submit it on-line, then the supervisors take care of it. So I submitted the form on-line and when I heard nothing within the 2 business days they reference on the website, I asked about it and was told to allow more time because they have been backed up with all the swine flu changes. Just FYI...

Archived