$3.95 Service Charge for Room Service starting

Can I see a show of hands for anyone that has ordered room service after midnight and before 5am?

jc<---- hand is not raised

jc<---- imagines 95% of the food ordered at this time occurs on spring break or summer cruises....:D

My son & I have room service during those times most nights on our cruises.

Beginning January 2009 there will be a service charge of $3.95 for room service ordered between 12-5am, this includes the gratuity.

Dont shoot the messenger please :o

Hope its true.

Just with the 15% for bartenders that too is a reaction to the tip-less cruising community which has been generated over the last few years.

As we can't shoot the messenger we can't shoot RCI. Each of us has to look at how do we cruise and extrapolate this behavior on a grander scale.

Can I see a show of hands for anyone that has ordered room service after midnight and before 5am?

jc<---- imagines 95% of the food ordered at this time occurs on spring break or summer cruises....:D

This will not cause me any undo financial hardship if I ever feel like late room service.

Aubie

You'd be surprised how many people are up that early in the morning - either getting up or going to bed.

:D

Hope its true.

Just with the 15% for bartenders that too is a reaction to the tip-less cruising community which has been generated over the last few years.

As we can't shoot the messenger we can't shoot RCI. Each of us has to look at how do we cruise and extrapolate this behavior on a grander scale.

It is most certainly true ...it came from RCCL.

I am not in the habit of posting false info, I check and recheck with RCCL before I post news like this.

It is most certainly true ...it came from RCCL.

I am not in the habit of posting false info, I check and recheck with RCCL before I post news like this.

I didn't say its not true. Just issued my hopes.

You are not striking me as a person just throwing out rumors or made up stuff.

I didn't say its not true. Just issued my hopes.

You are not striking me as a person just throwing out rumors or made up stuff.

No worries Oliver :D

Sadly some folks like to tear folks apart when news of changes are posted which is why I always have confirmation before I post. :)

Hope its true.

15% for the last few years? That's been a standard since my first cruise in the early 90's.

And a $3.95 charge for late night munchies isn't much, we usually tipped about that anyway. Do you know if it's a per order or per person charge? Either way, it's less than the price of another drink in the bar. :)

Archived