Time to board Sensation?

BoooBooKitEFk

My DD and I are leaving in 2 weeks for our 9/16 sailing on the Sensation. I ended up rethinking shuttle companies because of so many bad reviews of Cocoa Beach Shuttle lately. I checked out a few mentioned on the Port Canaveral board and have narrowed it down to two.

Question is - since we're staying at a hotel closer to the airport, my understanding is that it's an hour to the pier? What time is the "best" time to board the Sensation? Any recent cruisers wish to pipe in? :)

I was thinking about getting a 10am shuttle which would (I presume) put us @ the pier around 11am. We don't want to be there too early, but certainly want to start our vacation ASAP.

TIA!

I live in the area and will tell you it is easily one hour from the airport area to the Port by the time you load up to unload at the port. Also there is on cruise days some congestion getting into the port as they are presently doing some road work on the access road leading from the Beachline to the port entrance. That construction may of course be done by the time of your cruise, but it was still there as of the past weekend sailings. Add that to normal port traffic for the sailing and, well, just plan some extra time. I would rather be early then late.

Morning,

Sailed on the Sensation in December of 09', I live in the Orlando area. It should take you no more than an hour from MCO to Port Canaveral you should leave no later than 10 am which should get you to the port by 11 am and on the ship within an hour at most. Your cabin should be ready by 1:30 pm so go to the Lido and have lunch, enjoy yourselves Bon Voyage!!!!!

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Yes, take the shuttle that would get you to the port closer to 11.

If you are staying in Orlando, be aware there is also construction on the Beachline (new toll booth). It's only slowing things a tad right now, but one of these days I know it will snafu things up.

Archived