Room service alcohol bottle service?

meripour

Can you order bottles on princess from room service or only via the pre-cruise gift service? If you can order bottles for the room are they limited to the 350ml as with the pre-cruise gift service or can you get a 750ml bottle for the room? We could smuggle, but this would be so much easier in particular for the transatlantic cruise to enjoy a cocktail on the balcony.

Can you order bottles on princess from room service or only via the pre-cruise gift service? If you can order bottles for the room are they limited to the 350ml as with the pre-cruise gift service or can you get a 750ml bottle for the room? We could smuggle, but this would be so much easier in particular for the transatlantic cruise to enjoy a cocktail on the balcony.

Several years ago you could order liters of your favorite spirits, but now, the 375ML bottle is all they will sell you for in room consumption (for about the same price the liters used to cost for the smaller bottles now).

Thank you for asking this question! I didn't know you could order bottles from room service. I just put in a pre-order for some bottles for our cruise in Oct. but was thinking about getting some more. Good to know I can just wait until I'm on the ship to see if I need more or not so I don't over order ahead of time.

We have ordered the bottles from room service, no problem. There is a list with prices in the cruise binder in staterooms. It is more $$ than a liquor store, but still a bargain ( compared to drink prices), and nice to have a relaxing drink on balcony. We still buy drinks from the ship also.

We also take diet colas onboard with us, or buy in port (ship doesn't have our preference).

Options not as great as HAL, but not as bad as RCCL. We have smuggled in the past in the orig plastic bottles from liquor store having a full bar setup in the room with no comment - even on RCCL. We are willing to pay for drinks on board, but want the luxury of having our own setup in the room, in paticular since next years cruises are a 14 day Panama Canal and 20 day Venice transatlantic. Thats a lot of seadays and needed much needed cocktails! Too bad they dont offer the drink package as on Crystal. They would sell a ton and still make money while giving an option to those that want to control this cost upfront, but dont want to afford the all-inclusive lines in favor of more cruises.

I think there is no advantage to pre-ordering. They don't have the good stuff waiting for you. They give you a "gift" card to redeem. You still have to call and wait to have it delivered. Easier to call room service.

Well hello RMorningglory!!! Obviously a seasoned 'Sea Princess'. I would assume you take on board via your checked baggage and not your carry on other than wine which is an allowable walk-on commodity by Princess?? First cruise with Princess lines so not sure on what to expect. We were thinking of bumping to an all-inclusive line so we dont have to go down the covert alcohol road, but perferred two cruises next year vs alcohol for one. Not that its anything to be proud of, but we would burn through a lot of those little 350ml bottles in a flash. ;-)

Archived