Promo Code

dvcmember

Actually, my reply was that in many mailed out sales, there will be a promo code in the small print to identify the sale or pricing plan that applies. Recently, the booking aspect of the website has been updated to allow online booking using these promo codes. Otherwise everyone has to call in, using the Promo Code, to get the sale price.

Just curious, if I, or Sail, were entitled to use a Promo code as 3 or 4 Star Mariners (repeat cruisers), why we would give that code to someone who wasn't entitled to the that benefit?

Not trying to be disrespectful, but wouldn't you think if a Promo Code was meant to be available to you, you would know what the code was?

Actually, my reply was that in many mailed out sales, there will be a promo code in the small print to identify the sale or pricing plan that applies. Recently, the booking aspect of the website has been updated to allow online booking using these promo codes. Otherwise everyone has to call in, using the Promo Code, to get the sale price.

Just curious, if I, or Sail, were entitled to use a Promo code as 3 or 4 Star Mariners (repeat cruisers), why we would give that code to someone who wasn't entitled to the that benefit?

Not trying to be disrespectful, but wouldn't you think if a Promo Code was meant to be available to you, you would know what the code was?

Sorry, CruiserBruce.

I misunderstood the question.

I didn't think OP was looking for a promo code for a cruise discount but rather for dinner in Pinnacle/Tamarind etc

For sure, I've seen promo codes as apply to savings on our cruise fare.

I wonder if Three, Four, Five Star Mariners may be sent a code and if someone who doesn't qualify tries to use it, if the computer wouldn't kick it out or is that unlikely?

Sorry, CruiserBruce.

I misunderstood the question.

I didn't think OP was looking for a promo code for a cruise discount but rather for dinner in Pinnacle/Tamarind etc

For sure, I've seen promo codes as apply to savings on our cruise fare.

I wonder if Three, Four, Five Star Mariners may be sent a code and if someone who doesn't qualify tries to use it, if the computer wouldn't kick it out or is that unlikely?

Sail, you are correct, the OP's question was about dinner discounts. The thread recently was about cruise fare discounts. My previous comment was about cruise fares, and I was trying to generally explain the "Promo Code" window now appearing on the various parts of the HAL site where booking can take place.

You are probably also correct, that someone not eligible could be declined. However, there is also the issue of people seeking Promo Codes they are not eligible for. On the Internet, this quite common. You can do a search, and find where people just give away promo codes to anybody, eligible or not. I have not seen this with HAL, but it is common with hotel chains, many store chains, and occasionally some cruise lines for excursions.

I have seen those words "promo code" for indulgences, shore excursions, dinners, etc. It is everywhere on HAL's site when you go to book any of the "extras".

We certainly have never been a special code to place in that box when we ordered a few items.

I have seen it the last month or so.

I have no idea what that is about.

Archived