Mexican Riviera... Carnival, Norwegian, RCC, Disney??

MnAsMom

we are looking into a 2008 cruise and were jazzed to hear that Disney would be offering in 2008. Then we saw the prices and we're not so sure we want to miss out on Castaway Cay. So we're debating on leaving Disney for 2009 maybe!

Our little guy will be just 3 at the time of cruising and our older son will be 6 or 7 (he has a July Birthday). What line would you choose for your kids first cruise??? I was all set with Carnival then I heard some not so fabulous reviews about the Pride. My Husband and I honeymooned on Royal Carribean and I went on one carnival cruise as a child with my family. I am not positive our little guy will be completely potty trained by then.... I would like to think so but as a parent I know there are no guarantees.... so I am debating RCC cause of their potty trained rule!

SO what would you do??? It is so hard to come on here cause I wanna cruise this summer.... I dont wanna wait!!!! We have a wedding to attend in Hawaii this summer so we are calling that our family vacation. It'll be fun but it's not a cruise!

Thanks in advance for any advise/suggestions you have to offer!

~Tondi

I would love to try Disney, but for what Disney charges, I can take two cruises. I have been on the Pride (May 2004) and I thought it was great. The six year old had a great time and never wanted to leave (Carnival made us get off at the end of the week anyway). Carnival will change diapers, RCI will not. I also enjoyed my RCI cruise (in the Caribbean) and have another booked. I was also on the NCL Star and had a great time. The kids pool on the NCL Star is great. I don't know too much about the NCL kids program nor do I know if NCL will change diapers.

You don't have a choice that includes both Disney and NCL. Disney will only be here in the summer and the NCL Star will be in Alaska during that time. Nonetheless, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the four cruise lines.

Archived