Can you suggest the best zipline?

aholt25

Hi -

My husband and I are two twenty somethings going on a cruise for a week getaway from reality in May on the Carnival Legend. We're leaving the 3 year old with the grandparents, and having fun for once!

So, we're going to zipline in Belize. What's the best place to use? We're ready for some excitement, and an all around good time. Any advice would help.

Thanks!

-Ashley

If you're on the Legend, you will also be going to Roatan. Roatan has several great zip lines that are easy to get to. There's one directly across from Mahogany Bay port complex called Clip N Zip. Anothe ris South Shore Canopy, with long scenic vistas. Pirates of the Caribbean has some very high zip lines.

In Belize, I suggest cavetubing or a snorkeling excursion that takes you to the reefs. There's also a Captain your own river boat excursion that can be enjoyable. (BTW, shore snorkeling in Roatan is get too, but not at MBCC, you'll need an excursion or head to West Bay/West End).

If you're on the Legend, you will also be going to Roatan. Roatan has several great zip lines that are easy to get to. There's one directly across from Mahogany Bay port complex called Clip N Zip. Anothe ris South Shore Canopy, with long scenic vistas. Pirates of the Caribbean has some very high zip lines.

In Belize, I suggest cavetubing or a snorkeling excursion that takes you to the reefs. There's also a Captain your own river boat excursion that can be enjoyable. (BTW, shore snorkeling in Roatan is get too, but not at MBCC, you'll need an excursion or head to West Bay/West End).

We initially wanted to zipline in Roatan, but then we decided to do an Island Tour with Victor Bodden. If I zipped there, I'd want to do Pirates of the Caribbean. But, I've heard that the snorkeling in Roatan is some of the absolute best, so we were going to tour with snorkeling. But, you think snorkeling is better in Belize?

Thanks!

Cavetubing.bz

Just used them last week and they are AWESOME!!! Did zipline and cavetube, then had a Belize lunch (rice, beans and chicken) and back to the port.

Did you make it back to the ship in plenty of time? How was the tubing? I'm weird about non-salt water. Any creepy thing in the water?

Thanks!

Did you make it back to the ship in plenty of time? How was the tubing? I'm weird about non-salt water. Any creepy thing in the water?

Thanks!

Yes, about an hour before the last tender....You can skip the lunch if you want to be back sooner

Nothing creepy...I saw one fish the whole time

Tubing was really relaxing, and good scenery....There is a little hike to get to the site, thats with every company though, no way to avoid it (about 30-45 min, not anything extremem though)

I did a cave-tubing and Zip line combo in Belize with Major Tom. It was the best excursion I ever went on as it was reasonably priced and was a full day of action. The tour guides are GREAT!

LOL! I was going to tell you to zipline with Victor Bodden...awesome!

Have you snorkeled before? If so, I actually found snorkeling in Belize a let-down. I knew beforehand, though. The little bit we did as part of Captain Marvin's Stringray City tour in Grand Cayman was better, IMO.

I think there is a lot of variety in fish, coral, etc. in Belize, just not whole big schools of them. At least, not at Goff's Caye anyway. It's not like Hawaii, if you've ever snorkeled there.

-pitterpattershoppe

We initially wanted to zipline in Roatan, but then we decided to do an Island Tour with Victor Bodden. If I zipped there, I'd want to do Pirates of the Caribbean. But, I've heard that the snorkeling in Roatan is some of the absolute best, so we were going to tour with snorkeling. But, you think snorkeling is better in Belize?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Archived