Jewel of the seas

jalee7

So my mom and her best friend have been talking about going on a cruise forever. But for various reasons haven't been able to make it. So I just booked them to go on Jewel of the Seas next month. They are so excited. I was able to get them a balcony for a really good price for a five night. I guess royal has this Tuesday sale and got a great deal. I am very happy that I could make them so happy. Has anyone been on jewel of the seas? Is it a nice ship? I am sure it doesn't matter they are on a cruise that's fun enough:D

I'm sure they will have a fabulous time.

There have been a number of Jewel threads posted just recently; this board is filled with info. Just go back one page to the main page and in the "Search this forum" box on the right hand side, type Jewel. You will get results for many, many threads and can start your researching, reading, and note-taking there.

:)

Love, love, LOVE the Jewel! I've been on her several times, the last being last October to New England and Canada. It's a nice size, not too large, not too small, with LOTS of glass for watching the passing sea. I'm sure they will enjoy it.

Hi,

I took a five-day cruise on the Jewel of the Seas from Tampa in January and absolutely loved the ship. The ship is beautiful and the perfect size. Also, I was very pleased with the food, service and friendly crew. This is an excellent ship.

Chuck

I have been on the Jewel once and have a trip scheduled the end of March 2013. I have sailed on Serenade a sister ship twice and will be on the Brilliance another sister ship in December. Love the Brilliance class ships! They will have a blast.

Using the search function on the Royal Caribbean main page, search for "LIVE Jewel" and find a review written by Trainman....one of the best reviewers on this forum with lots of pictures and information.

I am looking forward to sailing on Jewel in January with my grandmother.

The Jewel is awesome. Is she sailing out of Tampa. If so, make sure to tell them to go up to the Viking Lounge after sail away, when its dark and going under the sunshine skyway bridge it is the most amazing thing. It looks like the cruise ship is going to crash into the bridge, but it just makes it. There is no room for error.

Getting back to the Jewel balconies. There are a few things to watch out for. There is a deck (not sure which one) but a canopy comes out to cover I believe the lifeboats and you can't even look down from your balcony and see the water. We hated it when we boarded and luckily were able to switch cabins. There was another couple we met on board who's balcony was cramped due to the way it sat in a certain corner (they also had received a bargin price, but didn't realize the cabin they were assigned was more or less a half balcony).

The Jewel is awesome. Getting back to the Jewel balconies. There are a few things to watch out for. There is a deck (not sure which one) but a canopy comes out to cover I believe the lifeboats and you can't even look down from your balcony and see the water. We hated it when we boarded and luckily were able to switch cabins. There was another couple we met on board who's balcony was cramped due to the way it sat in a certain corner (they also had received a bargin price, but didn't realize the cabin they were assigned was more or less a half balcony).

It's Deck 7. We booked one of those cabins with canopy cover and also hated it. There was also a hatch on the canopy right in front of our balcony. One day at port, we were sitting on the balcony and a crew member came up out of hatch, waved to us and walked along the canopy. We sure never left our balcony door unlocked after that. You were lucky. We tried to get moved to another cabin but none were available. We always book cabins on Deck 8 or above now.

Unfortunately I have never sailed on Jewel so I can't comment on the ship. However, one of my favorite bartenders from my last 2 Allure cruises is now on Jewel. He just came back from vacation about 1.5 weeks ago. Anyone looking for a good bartender on Jewel should find Ida (male) from Indonesia. He makes good drinks and is funny and has a great personality. Tell him Keri from NY said "hi". :D

It's Deck 7. We booked one of those cabins with canopy cover and also hated it. There was also a hatch on the canopy right in front of our balcony. One day at port, we were sitting on the balcony and a crew member came up out of hatch, waved to us and walked along the canopy. We sure never left our balcony door unlocked after that. You were lucky. We tried to get moved to another cabin but none were available. We always book cabins on Deck 8 or above now.

Uh oh I am nervous now. Their cabin is 7544. I hope they dont have any issues with the view. not cool. They do not tell you these things when you make the reservation.

The Jewel is our favorite ship. The views are spectacular. One of RCI's most beautiful ships. The staff is second to none.

Make sure they go to the back of the Windjammer for outdoor seating.

Tampa is an easy port for embarkation/debarkation. If, for any reason, the ship is delayed there is plenty to do within walking distance of the port.

They will have a wonderful trip.

Uh oh I am nervous now. Their cabin is 7544. I hope they dont have any issues with the view. not cool. They do not tell you these things when you make the reservation.

They should fine the cabin is by the front elevator. We had a similar cabin on deck 9 and no problem. I think the bad cabins start 7050, 7550 to 7090, 7590. I'm sure someone will tell you if I'm wrong. Check out the deck plans for deck 7 on the Jewel.

Was on the Jewel in April 2012 and I absolutely loved this ship. So beautiful and seem to be well-maintained. Loved the glass elevators overlooking the ocean. Food and service was among the best of any cruise I have been on. I enjoyed the on-board activities that were scheduled. I would sail her again.

Archived