Arrival time in Bermuda on the Dawn?

bubblesnh

What has been your experience with actual arrival time? We are due to arrive in Bermuda at 10:00am and I want to make a ferry to St. George that leaves at 10:00am. Any chance? We are going on the Dawn in late April.

Even if they have been cleared by customs to start disembarking for 10am I don't see how you can be at the ferry at the same time. They don't usually start disembarking early also you have to make sure you are where they are letting off people early because there will be a line of people waiting to get off. Then you have to be cleared and then it's still maybe a 5 to 10 minute walk to the ferry.

More than likely you won't make that ferry. But, there are plenty of them all day. We always visit St. George's on the second day so we can take the early ferry and spend all day there.

I suspect you haven't been to Bermuda in the past year because ferry service to St. George is now infrequent...only a few ferries a day. We won't know what this year's schedule will be for a couple of weeks. there is no ferry service to St. George at all from mid November through mid April.

In any event, there's no way the OP can make a 10 am ferry based on the Dawn's arrival schedule, if there even is a 10 am ferry.

Note: I just realized the Dawn arrives in Bermuda on Sunday. Based on the most recent schedules there is no ferry service to St. George on Sunday. Oops...I'm wrong...the 4/21 Dawn sailing is a 6 night cruise that arrives in Bermuda on Monday.

I suspect you haven't been to Bermuda in the past year because ferry service to St. George is now infrequent...only a few ferries a day. We won't know what this year's schedule will be for a couple of weeks. there is no ferry service to St. George at all from mid November through mid April.

In any event, there's no way the OP can make a 10 am ferry based on the Dawn's arrival schedule, if there even is a 10 am ferry.

Note: I just realized the Dawn arrives in Bermuda on Sunday. Based on the most recent schedules there is no ferry service to St. George on Sunday. Oops...I'm wrong...the 4/21 Dawn sailing is a 6 night cruise that arrives in Bermuda on Monday.

THANK YOU for posting this information! It's been a while since we've been to Bermuda, and did not know they had scaled back the service, so this is very helpful information, indeed! Can you advise where/when the new ferry schedule will be posted, so I can locate it once it is announced? Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the other helpful Bermuda information you post ~ you are a goldmine of great Bermuda info! :D

THANK YOU for posting this information! It's been a while since we've been to Bermuda, and did not know they had scaled back the service, so this is very helpful information, indeed! Can you advise where/when the new ferry schedule will be posted, so I can locate it once it is announced? Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the other helpful Bermuda information you post ~ you are a goldmine of great Bermuda info! :D

A link to the new ferry schedule will surely be posted on the Bermuda Ports of Call board by either me or one of the other "regulars" who hang out there as soon it's available...which will probably be in about 3 weeks since the winter schedule is in effect until April 15. I'll try to remember to post a "heads up" here too.

Thanks everyone! I will watch for the summer schedule.

Thanks for all the great info. I was hoping to make the dunking of the wench at noon and work our way back to the boat on Monday and make tues a beach day.:)

A link to the new ferry schedule will surely be posted on the Bermuda Ports of Call board by either me or one of the other "regulars" who hang out there as soon it's available...which will probably be in about 3 weeks since the winter schedule is in effect until April 15. I'll try to remember to post a "heads up" here too.

Fabulous! I've been planning to spend more time over on the Bermuda board, and now I have an excellent excuse to do so! Thanks again. :D

I purchased the transportation tickets for ferry and/or bus for three days back in May '09. They were never punched or stamped. I'm wondering if they will be honored on my next trip to Bermuda.

Anyone have any idea?

When I was in Bermuda last year we came in on Sunday morning and there was no ferry. I was told that Sunday is a day all their shoppes and stores are closed. There were some open on Kings Wharf, but not much. No worries, my daughter and I went to Snorkel beach right outside the ship and it is gorgeous.

I purchased the transportation tickets for ferry and/or bus for three days back in May '09. They were never punched or stamped. I'm wondering if they will be honored on my next trip to Bermuda.

Anyone have any idea?

nope they change colors I was told, but you can try.

nope they change colors I was told, but you can try.

Anjjmum ! You are going back on the Dawn ? Lucky you ! Jose and Patti will be on this year. Get there early and enjoy them ! Even your daughter will probably like them.

Enjoy !

Archived