Queen Mary QM2- Westbound TA, April 26th, 2013

Skyhigh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank,

Hopefully this crossing will be as "smooth" as the last one. Looking forward to 25 hour days - this is definitely the direction to cross. I've heard that the semi formal nights now no longer require a tie....not sure what to think of that....

Cheers,

Jim

We [Jack and Brent] will be on this crossing. We're leaving NYC next Saturday on the QE to Southampton, then on to Amsterdam for a windmill/tulip river cruise, a few days in Bruge and Paris before heading to Southampton to board QM2 on April 26.

Hi Jack,

That sounds like a great pre voyage trip. I love the tulips in April, especially with the smell of hyacinths in the air.

We are meeting up with friends on both sides of the crossing that we've met on other Cunard voyages.

Looking forward to meeting you in the Commodore Club.

Jim

Hi Jack and Brent - Wishing you a good voyage on the QE - looking forward to meeting you on board, and hearing about your trip.

Hi Jim and Robert - Was on the QV from NYC to SF in January. Those who did the crossing from Southampton said it was very smooth - fingers crossed. I do like to feel the ship moving some - makes me feel I'm at sea. I agree with you about the 25 hour days - 5 days with an extra hour of sleep sound great - Mark and I are coming home from a business trip to Germany. Mixed feelings about the new dress code. I like Cunard for the formality (among many other reasons). Guess they were trying to simplify it and trying to get a younger crowd.

Best to all, Frank

I've been doing some research and it looks like on the eastbound crossings they now change the clocks at noon directly to 1pm. Breakfast is served at 8. Not sure about the westbound, but that seems a little less desirable as late late night is the best time to catch up. Hopefully G32 won't be so empty on the westbound.

I've found that the younger crowd generally likes the formality more than the older crowd. Its a big reason why the younger people we've met choose Cunard, while the older crowd tends to have more of a "been there, done that" attitude. I guess we'll see!

Archived