Norwegian Sky or RC Majesty of the Seas?

ScoJoMo

Howdy, neighbor! We've been on the Sky twice and throughly enjoyed her. Links to my reviews are in my signature. If you want a balcony you will have to choose the Sky because Majesty doesn't have balconies. I think NCL's Freestyle is well suited to the shorter cruises.

Hi there everyone, the little lady and I are going to be cruising to the Bahamas in May out of Miami. Would you go with Norwegian or Royal Caribbean? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I have been on both and I prefer the Majesty. It is a nicer ship and the service was much better than Sky. Also, the fellow passengers on Majesty were much more tolerable.

RCI's Coco Cay is leaps and bounds better than NCL's Great Stirrup Cay. There's no comparison.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The balcony option and the cheaper price were definitely 2 of the main reasons why I was thinking of going with Sky, but I have been hearing that Majesty offers better service and a better ship altogether, so I think I'll go with the safer choice (according to what I've read) and pay a little extra and go with RCI. Again, thank you for the input! :)

ScoJoMo, My wife and I will be on the Majesty in July for the same cruise. 1st timers, a quick celebration cruise for our 20th anniversary. I chose Majesty over NCL sky and Carnival imagination cruising on same dates basically for the same reasons as you. If this cruise turns out the results that I expect, we will be checking out other cruises as well as other lines in the near future to be able to base our own opinions! Have fun.

ScoJoMo, My wife and I will be on the Majesty in July for the same cruise. 1st timers, a quick celebration cruise for our 20th anniversary. I chose Majesty over NCL sky and Carnival imagination cruising on same dates basically for the same reasons as you. If this cruise turns out the results that I expect, we will be checking out other cruises as well as other lines in the near future to be able to base our own opinions! Have fun.

I'm warning you now- it's a hard addiction to break:). Hope you have a great time!

Thanks for the replies everyone. The balcony option and the cheaper price were definitely 2 of the main reasons why I was thinking of going with Sky, but I have been hearing that Majesty offers better service and a better ship altogether, so I think I'll go with the safer choice (according to what I've read) and pay a little extra and go with RCI. Again, thank you for the input! :)

I think you are making the right decision. I have been on both more than once. There are advantages to both ships, but overall, I prefer the Majesty.

The Sky's strong point is having 3 specialty restaurants. The lamb chops in Le Bistro are some of the best I ever had. However, their main dining room and buffet were pretty sad.

Majesty has no specialty restaurants other than a Johnny Rockets. However, the ship was cleaner, service was better, and the main pool deck was nicer and more comfortable.

As stated earlier, Coco Cay is much better than Great Stirrup Cay. That alone is a big advantage for the Majesty.

Thanks. Still a little unsure if made right decision.

Digger it's all about preference. We're first time cruisers doing two this year, Monarch of the Seas in May and Carnival Glory in November. I chose Monarch over the Sky because It sounds like their private island we would like it more and it's cheaper than Majesty. Plus Majesty goes out of Miami and Monarch is Orlando, again cheaper.

Still like you I was unsure if there wasn't a difference between Monarch and Sky and if I should book the Sky because it's the cheapest of the two. So I called the agent who we booked our November cruise with and she gave me her feedback, solidifying my choice of the Monarch.

My DH and I have this saying, follow your first mind. Yours lead you to Sky so maybe that's the right ship for you.

Sky you chose, it is a small ship, I was on it and it is okay. Noisy and hectic as cruises are short. Depending on who is onboard you'll find one sort of management or another. They have a Captain who is very sociable and nice and another older Swedish one who is never seen and is weird on the public address. But the ship is fine.

Archived