hair dryer on Disney magic

Majesty Fan

• 1 year later...

Just got off the Magic Saturday, so can answer your question.

The dryers that come in the cabins are the ones attached to the wall (ugh). I asked our Room Hostess for a better hairdryer and she brought me a Conair blow dryer to use during the cruise. MUCH better than those old style wall versions. Don't know why Disney hasn't switched over.

Oh, some other interesting notes:

Washcloths were threadbare at best.

Towels on the thin side

No bathrobes provided in the cabins

Enjoy the cruise!!

Susan

Just got off the Magic Saturday, so can answer your question.

The dryers that come in the cabins are the ones attached to the wall (ugh). I asked our Room Hostess for a better hairdryer and she brought me a Conair blow dryer to use during the cruise. MUCH better than those old style wall versions. Don't know why Disney hasn't switched over.

Susan

In a word, power. The ship was designed for specific loads. It may be that by changing the hair dryers over to more powerful units that they risk overloading a distribution panel. To have one of those trip as many people are getting ready for dinner and shows would be a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Magic (yesterday) with a dryer update. The dryers are indeed attached to the wall.....in the bathroom where others are waiting to get in and it's difficult to have time there to dry hair. The wall unit heats the air and shoots it out a vacumn-cleaner-type hose, through the handle and out a spout on the end of the hose. There is no heat adjustment on the unit. The longer it runs, the hotter it gets. And, the hotter the air gets, the hotter the handle gets. If you tried to dry a few kids' heads, the last one would have his/her hair burned off the head and your hand would be scorched! If you are particular about your hair, bring your own dryer. But take note that there are only two electrical outlet plugs in the room (inside room on deck 6) so you will need an extension cord or a splitter. Those two outlets were so close together that I could only put in two very small plugs....one of those big plugs-ins would block the second outlet. As mentioned by another poster, I asked my Room Hostess if there was another option and was told that Guest Services might have something to offer but that she couldn't get anything else for me. This is only one of the "little things" on the ship that I expected to be a little more luxurious because of the price and because it was Disney that weren't really up to my expectations.

Archived