Honeymoon - Passport/ID name change help!

I'm getting married on saturday 8/17 and our honeymoon is booked on the Victory leaving Monday 8/19. We'll probably fly out of Wisconsin on sunday night because flying in the same day as the ship leaves is a little too stressful for me. Now my driver's license and my passport are obviously in my maiden name, do I have to get that changed before leaving for the cruise or can I wait and do that when we return seeming as we don't have much time? The cruise and everything is booked under my name anyways....Just not sure how to go about this one, looking for advice!

Thank you all :)

Travel under your maiden name as others have said. You will not have the legal copy of your marriage certificate (filed and recorded with the county registrar) until weeks or months after the wedding. Only then can you proceed with getting your DL, SS and all other documents changed over to your married name.

• 4 weeks later...
Travel under your maiden name as others have said. You will not have the legal copy of your marriage certificate (filed and recorded with the county registrar) until weeks or months after the wedding. Only then can you proceed with getting your DL, SS and all other documents changed over to your married name.

exact advice carnival gave my fiance. We will be married Sept 28, boarding the freedom sept 29. They said to make sure she's booked under the information on her ID's.

Archived