Short 3-4 day cruises from San Fran/LA

sbcgmu

I live in San Francisco.

What are some short (4 days or less - my husband and I work) cruises offered by different cruises lines from San Francisco and Los Angeles?

Which ones are the best?

Thanks, Anne :)

From LA/Long Beach you can get the 3 and 4 day baja cruises offered by RCI (Monarch of the Seas) and Carnival (Paradise). Paradise is newer than Monarch, but neither are new ships. Both hold about the same number of passengers and offer a comparable cruise. You can compare pictures of the two and see if one appeals to you more.

From SF, the only short cruises I see are the repo cruises at the beginning or end of the season, but those do not start and end in the same place.

Search on-line agencies for Destination "Pacific Coastal". Princess has coastal in May and September only -- when ships are repositioned to Alaska and from Alaska. Prices drop close to departure date if a cruise is not sold out. Choose a new ship if available. But these cruises are not round trip. So you are stuck with a one-way air fare from or to Vancouver which are usually around $100 pp. A low cruise fare is about $100 pp per night for a balcony. Most are now around $150 pp per night. /Sultan

I live in San Francisco.

What are some short (4 days or less - my husband and I work) cruises offered by different cruises lines from San Francisco and Los Angeles?

Which ones are the best?

Thanks, Anne :)

Thanks so much everyone! I am actually booked on a NCL short 3 day cruise (4/27) from SF to Vancouver. Looking forward to seeing what a short cruise is like.

I was also interested what else was out there in the market for short cruises and which are the better ones. (also interested in any ones that go down to Mexico as well (Los Cabos/Puerto Vallerta)

How does Princess/RCCL/NCL/Celebrity stack up on these cruises (either to Mexico or to Vancouver)? Which have the best cabins/programs/restaurants/amenties for the short cruise?

Thank you again for your suggestions!

Anne :)

Repeat cruisers on the same cruiseline get a slightly better price -- e.g. after the first cruise on Princess one belongs to the Captain Circle and are a Gold Member! And after 5 cruises -- a Platinum member. So loyalty becomes a factor in ones opinion about a cruise. And then there are general classifications -- Carnival being a "Party" cruiseline, etc. So even if you get an opinion, it will be VERY biased! I follow only what Princess has to offer and there is a good 7-day coastal at less than $100 pp per nite for balcony cabin in September. The criteria I use is the age of the ship and the price. On coastals, the itineraries are about the same /Sultan

Archived