What To Wear On November Cruise? - Mediterranean

Has anyone cruised the Mediterranean in November? What will the weather be like? What should one pack? Can you use the pool on board?

My wife and I are taking Vision of the Seas out of Venice on November 11 for 9 nights. I know what to pack for the Caribbean and Alaska, but the Mediterranean in November has me stumped.

Any suggestions for me and my wife would be appreciated.

The weather should be great. Not too hot and definitely not too cool. The seas will be calm almost like sailing on a lake. We did Splendour out of Venice in 07. We did Dubrovnik, Kudiasi, Cofu, and Santorini. You will love it.

AF-1, which sailing were you on? we sailed the same itinerary starting Nov 10, 2007. I concur with AF-1, you should expect generally pleasant weather for touring. There may be a few chilly days, and I wouldn't expect beach weather, but for touring the cities you will be visiting, should be great. I toook a light jacket, and then had a sweater I could have added under the jacket if it got colder. I only needed the sweater for our stop-over in Frankfurt on the flight in.

The weather in November can vary, I would pack layers. You can have some lovely days if it is sunny, but one sunny day can change over night and it can get colder. The nights are cool but on a cruise this is not an issue. I should think bathing would be in the solarium - certainly not in the ocean at any of the ports.

The Med area has definite seasons, and November is the autumn.

Incidentally, I am stuck with school vacations, but have always promised to do my Med cruising in the spring or autumn when the weather is cooler and so visiting ports is more pleasant. Even if you get a couple of cool or even wet days it has to be better than the searing heat of July or August.

Have a good trip.

We did an early November med cruise and I needed a warm jacket. I think that folks who come from colder climates have different comfort levels than those of us who live in the semi-tropics of the sun belt.

My advice is to decide how comfortable you are in temps of around 60° F and layer your clothing.

We did a late November sailing out of Rome. Naples, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Livorno, Villefranche, Toulon and ended in Barcelona.

We had lovely weather. Nice for sightseeing - but not pool or beach weather. We used the Solarium pool or hot tub.......

The days were perfect for all the walking you will be doing.....the nights both pre and post cruise in Rome and Barcelona were cold. Coat cold. On the ship not so much since we were mostly inside.

Layering is the key. Long sleeve t's and shirts with sweaters/pullovers for the day with pants/slacks.

I use this website to plan my travel....best one I have found.

On the left hand side there is the trip planner - put in the city and date range and up pops ALL the info about the history of their weather.

www.americanexpressweather.com

Hope this helps

I always tell, people the first thing I pack or wear, I travel almost exclusively in the spring and fall, is a light weight wind breaker type rain coat, and a heavier rain coat of high quality that breathes, both with hoods built in on every trip. Then like people above have stated, layer, layer. I have been in snow, heavy rain and cold weather, with this set up and never had a problem. I do not worry about the pants or shoes, but do put a water proof spray on all of them. Do not forget a good umbrella as well.

Last spring, we were on the RC Baltic cruise, and in St Petersburg the first day was warmer than we expected, so the next day all in the group, wore warmer clothes, and we took a light Windbreaker rain jacket as I mentioned above, well RC said the weather was the same as the day before, well it wasn't, Rain torrential rain, temperature in the, in the 50 degree area had to stand in line for a long period of time to get into the summer palace(entry was slowed by rain procedures of the palace. Any way with some layering, we always do and my our travel vest, and a good umbrella, we stayed fairly comfortable, note!!!!! fairly comfortable, enough to have a good time.

Lousy weather is just a part of the travel experience, be prepared

I use this website to plan my travel....best one I have found.

On the left hand side there is the trip planner - put in the city and date range and up pops ALL the info about the history of their weather.

www.americanexpressweather.com

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for sharing this link! This will be very helpful!

Archived