Samana on RCCL & Terry

I hope someone can help. After a lot of research we booked with Terry and are excited to see Samana with him next week. However, on our RCCL thread someone who just returned said that the tenders take forever to reach the island, since ship tours go first. Terry wants us there at 10 a.m. The poster said it would be more like 11 to 12 before we make it.

I re-researched this tour and realized that most of the posters were on a different line than RCCL. Yikes!

Has anyone been on RCCL lately, and done a Terry tour early in the morning?

Thanks for your help.

I would contact Terry directly. How many ships are in port that day? If you are the only ship in port, he will have to wait for everyone.

We are booked with Terry for an ATV tour in November. He responds very fast to email.

Dawn

We just returned and did a tour with Terry and we were off the ship and on the pier around 9:30 thanks to one of our tour group members being Diamond status and had the concierge get her tender tickets ahead of time. The tenders move pretty fast and the tour people use different tenders. By the way Terry's tour was wonderful and we will do it again.

We did a tour of Terry's property and a Dominican home, a Coral Church, Cigar Factory, El Valle Beach with lunch and then waterfalls. It was great and we want to go back. Terry is very nice and does a great job.

I was with WiseSky, on that tour. It was indeed great! We also passed some folks on that ATV tour and it looked liked they were having a blast on their excursion too! Get ready for a great time! Enjoy your cruise ! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday we took Terry's "3B" tour to El Valle falls on horseback. I shouldn't have worried about meeting him at the pier--we got on the tender pretty fast and met our group leader without a hitch.

This excursion was rated the best of our whole cruise experience by my DH, 11 year old DGD, and me. It was quite an adventure and if we can we'll definitely go back!

Does Terry have a website for the tours he offers? We will be in DR in December and have not had much luck at finding things to do.

I'm not sure--I know he mentioned that he was working on one. I did read somewhere that he has expanded his list of tours. Search the threads and his email address is there if no one else answers this. We all emailed him and he usually responed fast.

Again, our DR horseback ride was FANTASTIC!

Archived