Last minute in Boston?

gail-s

Has anyone ever done a last minute trip out of Boston on the Dawn? I've heard stories of other lines people hopping on in Miami for next to nothing the day of the trip. DH keeps wondering if anyone has ever had any luck with that up here with NCL. Thanks!

Has anyone ever done a last minute trip out of Boston on the Dawn? I've heard stories of other lines people hopping on in Miami for next to nothing the day of the trip. DH keeps wondering if anyone has ever had any luck with that up here with NCL. Thanks!

Those days are over. Homeland Security needs the manifest 72 hours in advance.

Huh,that's funny. I remember in our cruise in 2010 people had said they bought their tickets that morning.

Okay, so even with the 72 hour window, I'm curious what types of deals might be out there 4 days before sailing.....

Boston in particular is usually sailing full. Limited season and lots of demand. The old days of going to the port and getting deals seems to be long gone. If there is availability, I think the 4-6 days before sailing would be the best. On our last few cruises, the cost has continued higher right up to the end. This year tickets purchased almost a year in advance are currently about $700 cheaper than current. "Best" deals seem to be when you see a price for a cruise that you think is great.

Cruise Critic sends me daily emails with "specials" that at times are amazing! If you can sail on the dates that are promoted.

Huh,that's funny. I remember in our cruise in 2010 people had said they bought their tickets that morning.

Okay, so even with the 72 hour window, I'm curious what types of deals might be out there 4 days before sailing.....

We also had people on our 2010 cruise tell us they got a last minute deal and had to clear their schedule to go.

There is no more waiting at the dock to see if there are any last minute cabins available and then getting to go on the cruise at the last hour. However, NCL does have a list of interested passengers for last minute close to sailing bookings. How one gets on this list is unknown to me. :eek:

No...that's just when the preliminary passenger manifest is due. The final manifest is due to DHS one hour before sailing.

As a practical matter, NCL will generally sell available cabins until about 24 hours prior to cruise departure time. You have to call NCL reservations to find out what may be available.

Carnival will usually sell unbooked cabins until about 11 am the morning of the cruise.

In any event, you can't just walk up to the pier and book a cabin the day of the cruise.

Historically, the Dawn out of Boston ships at full capacity. If the price is right, go for it, you could try waiting but your playing a tough hand.

Many discounted cruises out of Florida for Bahama destinations. Bahama and Bermuda should be on different planets.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the constructive responses!

DH was looking at 6/28 which shows inside rooms at $699, but when you select one it bumps the total price up to $1707 total for two people. Pretty much I figured out that there aren't any of the cheap rooms left. LOL! Oh well. I honestly would hate being in an inside room.

We're still tossing around ideas. I might call NCL to see what they have for a few of the weeks we have available this summer. We'll see.

DH was looking at 6/28 which shows inside rooms at $699, but when you select one it bumps the total price up to $1707 total for two people. Pretty much I figured out that there aren't any of the cheap rooms left. LOL! Oh well. I honestly would hate being in an inside room.

We're still tossing around ideas. I might call NCL to see what they have for a few of the weeks we have available this summer. We'll see.

Taxes are high for Bermuda sailings.

Look at the breakdown of price. The taxes and port fees are really high on that cruise, as my husband and I discovered when we were looking at the free 4th/5th in cabin for children specials.

DML

I've seen some very good deals out of Boston last minute in the fall. Two years ago, I booked an October Bermuda cruise within 2 weeks of sailing and got a balcony guarantee for $600/pp. Insides were going for around $350/pp, if I remember correctly. I've also seen plenty of sold out sailings- the benefit of FL is so many ships sailing around the same time. If the Dawn sailing you're hoping for in Sept-Oct sells out, there aren't other ships you can book out of Boston instead.

NCL.com has last minute deals listed out of Boston, on it's home page, right now. a quick check for 6/14, I get $1328 total for two people. ($509 pp plus taxes and fees)

Archived