Brooklyn Bridge Marriott

galelynn

Anyone have any reviews or comments on this hotel? Staying one night pre-cruise in Oct. before our sailing on the Crown Princess. Are there any liquor stores or grocery stores close to pick-up some soda (dite-rite) and beers(corona)? Thanks in advance.:)

Gale - I just booked this hotel today for the 26th of October (you are on the same roll call, no?). I don't know anything about the hotel - and am curious as well. It was the only thing I could find that seemed reasonably near the pier.

Hi Joyce, yes we are on the same sailing, we arrive at JFK from CA at 6:00am on the 26th. We were planning on staying in NJ at the Homewood Suites and renting a van, but then I saw rooms available at the Marriott and I call DH and friends we are traveling with and they all agree this is a better idea. What time do you arrive? We are going to see Lion King on Thur. night and a pre-dinner show.

Mike, I went to the website, but nothing to the BB Marriott, just midtown, but thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriot (one night) prior to our July 2nd Crown cruise (our first time in NY) The hotel was nice and clean. The staff were very helpful. The bedding is very comfortable, good water pressure....we didn't get in until after 11:00 p.m. so the pool and restaurants were already closed which we could have used but it was fine (they did have room service available but we didn't use it). In the morning we got up and walked to the Promenade via Montague Street. The hotel is directly across the street from the NY Supreme Court building. When you get to the end of the promenade you can see the Statue of Liberty and the Crown Princess. We walked around and explored a bit before heading back to the hotel. The doorman grabbed one of the cars that were there and for $15 the three of us were driven to the ship. Traffic was a mess so we were glad we hadn't taken a cab.

There are stores nearby - I thought there was a rite-aid, but I'm not exactly sure. The concierge will be able to tell you where there is a store nearby. There is a nice residential area along the Promenade walk so I am sure there are stores in there.

Also - we stayed four nights post cruise in Times Square at the Casablanca Hotel on 43rd between 6th and 7th - gorgeous, safe, clean, friendly..... I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. It truly is an oasis.

There are stores nearby - I thought there was a rite-aid, but I'm not exactly sure.

I think it is a Duane Reade.

The Marriott is a very nice property and I'd stay there again! Nice rooms, service, amenities, etc.

I read an article a couple of weeks ago that this hotel is kind of a big deal in Brooklyn. It is the first real "hotel" to be located in Brooklyn proper. Imagine, Brooklyn is something like the fifth largest city in the US in population and it never had it's own hotel till now, amazing.

Archived