Roatan

marchgirl6

We are soon to sail and one of the stops is in Roatan. Cronw Princess! My husband and I are not into snorkeling. Any suggestions on what to do? Another stop is the Cayman Islands. Stingray city would not be at the top of our list. Any suggestions? We enjoy shopping and site seeing. Once off the ship......suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

We are soon to sail and one of the stops is in Roatan. Cronw Princess! My husband and I are not into snorkeling. Any suggestions on what to do? Another stop is the Cayman Islands. Stingray city would not be at the top of our list. Any suggestions? We enjoy shopping and site seeing. Once off the ship......suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

We returrned from a Crown Princess cruise just a week ago and Roatan was our favorite port of call. We booked a private tour with Rony's and it was time and money well spent. If you check out their web site, you can custom design a tour to meet your needs. We had a terrific driver (Michael) for the day who had an excellent command of English. He was quite knowledgeable about Honduras and was more than happy to answer our many questions. We visited the Iguana Farm where we saw dozens of iguanas along with monkeys, birds, turtles, baracuda, and spiney tailed lobsters. We stopped at several spots for photos and shopping inlcuding Coxens Hole. A considerable amount of time was spent at the botanical gardens. We drove to the west end for a look see and ate a local restaurant (Bertie's). Many tourists stop at Applebees or Wendy's, but that was not why we traveled there. It was a terrific day and we spent close to six hours with him.

As for the Cayman Islands, we have visited several times. We found the turtle farm to be interesting. Don't take a ship's overpriced tour, take one of the local buses instead.

In Roatan, I would book with one of the private tour guide companies listed on these boards. A day of driving around the island and sightseeing and a nice lunch in one of the beautiful bays or beaches makes a wonderful day in Roatan. We were there in November and it is now one of my favorite ports.

Just returned from Roatan 2 weeks ago. Went through Island Marketing, and did the zip line and beach break! Love it! I would highly recommend this company.

Archived