dock in Marseilles

dakota57

The problem with answering your question is there is no guarantee that any ship will dock at any specific pier. Many times the ports (and this is true in most ports) do not assign the actual pier until a few days before a port call, and even this can change due to unexpected circumstances. However, in Marseille, as a general rule, all the major cruise ships dock about 4 miles from town at the Cap Janet or Leon Gourret cruise terminals. Most guides simply drive out to that area and find the appropriate dock once they get to the area. Your guide can also get the latest info by calling the port authority, and I am somewhat surprised that a professional guide would need to ask their client.

Hank

There is a good chance that you will tender into port.

My suggestion is that you contact the Cruise Line to see if they have that information for you.

Keith

Really? We have never heard of ships tendering into Marseille so I guess its live and learn.

Hank

We are just back from Voyager, had a fantastic trip but couldn't dock in Villafranche or Marseille because of bad weather in that region. They couldn't get into Marseille the previous week either. Just be aware that these things can happen.

Louise :D

"However, in Marseille, as a general rule, all the major cruise ships dock about 4 miles from town at the Cap Janet or Leon Gourret cruise

terminals. "

Does anyone have an idea how far the Jolliett metro stop is from these cruise terminals?

Yep. I would be about 3 miles (as the crow flies). The metro is not a reasonable option coming from the port. All the cruise lines have shuttle service into town (usually they drop at the Veiux Port) and in this port, you really need to use that shuttle or grab a taxi.

Hank

We are meeting our tour guide in Marseilles..They are asking for the name of the dock we will be at and I have no idea! We are on the Voyager of the Seas. does anyone know what dock RC comes in to in Marseilles?

Thanks!!!

We called with the sister of NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS Marseiille in May.

Due to the size of the ship there is only

MPCC = Marseille Provence Cruise Center

where your ship can berth.

Here are some impressions:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/05/marseille-france-private-tour-marseille.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

We called with the sister of NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS Marseiille in May.

Due to the size of the ship there is only

MPCC = Marseille Provence Cruise Center

where your ship can berth.

Here are some impressions:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/05/marseille-france-private-tour-marseille.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks very much for the information...I will contact our tour operator. Royal Caribbean could not provide any port info so this is a big help!!!

d :}

Archived