AOS going to Malaga in March 2010

Just read on Seatrade that the Adventure of the Seas is moving to Malaga in 2010.

She will be homeported there and start and finish 21 cruises from the Spanish port.

Anyone find the info elsewhere as we arent allowed to post the story from Seatrade?

Rccl are moving other ships to Malaga,starting with the Navigator this Nov,followed by the Brilliance,2010?

report is that RCCL have contributed to the cost of the new pier @ Malaga.

I guess I will have to bid farewell to my favorite ship! :(

Glad I know this now, as I was going to book onboard for Feb 2010, when I sail the AOS in 2 weeks! Wonder why they are selling 2010 southern Caribbean itineraries when they know the AOS isn't going to be there??

Rccl are moving other ships to Malaga,starting with the Navigator this Nov,followed by the Brilliance,2010?

report is that RCCL have contributed to the cost of the new pier @ Malaga.

Is the Brilliance moving from Barcelona?? The early 2010 sailings scheduled on her from Malaga have been removed from sale and replaced with Dubai sailings, I think!

Ok something weird is going on :confused:

The story has now been removed from Seatrade !!! :confused:

I wonder if someone made a big blunder and reported the story before RCCL wanted to release the news or if it was an error....and darn it I didnt copy it today :(

I rather doubt a crew member as important as the cruise director on AOS would mention it if it wasn't for public consumption, and we heard it directly from him. He DID say Barcelona, not Malaga, and he did NOT specify when in 2010 the ship would be relocating which is probably why some 2010 sailings are still based in Puerto Rico.

Here's the story from another news outlet:

The cruise ship ‘Adventure of the Seas’, belonging to Royal Caribbean, will start and finish 21 voyages from the Port of Málaga during 2010. The decision of the company was announced in the International Tourism Show (FITUR), recently held in Madrid.

The presentation was chaired by the Town Councillor of Tourism and Sports, Mr. Elías Bendodo and the president of the Port Authority, Mr. Enrique Linde, who emphasized the importance of that decision for Málaga city as a home port.

On the other hand, the Manager Director of Royal Caribbean in Spain, Mrs. Belén Wangüemert, talked about “the importance of the collaboration between the port and the city”, to welcome to the tourists arrived at the port facilities.

Features of the vessel

The cruise ship ‘Adventure of the Seas’ is 311 metres long and has the capacity to hold 3,114 passengers on board.

Moreover, the vessel belongs to Voyager family, which means that it contains a lot of sports areas such as an ice skating rink, a basketball court and a climb wall. Like ‘Navigator of the Seas’, it has a street with shops and restaurants inside the ship, called ‘Royal Promenade’.

Royal Caribbean in the Port of Málaga

The shipping line is very interested in Málaga port facilities to bring its ships. Last year, the cruise ship ‘Independece of the Seas’ considerated the biggest vessel in the world, made its first call in the Port of Málaga. In 2009, the ship ‘Vision of the Seas’, belonging to Royal Caribbean too, will visit the city for the first time.

Moreover, ‘Navigator of the Seas’ will call 8 times during Autumn this year, information which was announced by the shipping line in 2008.

Other cruise ships belonging to the Royal Caribbean fleet that will visit the Port of Málaga during 2009 are ‘Splendour of the Seas’ in November, and ‘Brilliance of the Seas’, between January and March.

It'll be interesting to see deployments when Allure comes out.

So AOS goes to Malaga (most likely for the summer). I assume she'll make a TA twice a year like her sister ships right now.

Serenade pulled ouf of Alaska will most likely do SJU year round and then joined by AOS in winter time. Basically just the way it is, just in reverse.

Freedom goes to PC.

Explorer supposedly to Miami.

Question is: does Liberty stay put? Which ship will sail out of Bayonne? A swap? Liberty for Explorer.

AOS essentially will replace Brilliance (to Dubai) in Europe.

The move AOS to Europe is brilliant by RCI. If the Serenade really replaces AOS year round in SJU they just lowered the inventory which artificially incrases demand in peak times thus creating higher prices and AOS is perfect for the European market which has seen a tremendous increase in the last few years.

So many options, so much speculation.

:D

Archived