Bring a double stroller or not?

Fsugirl11781

We have a sit n stand double stroller. Not double wide. We have a regular stateroom, with window on the allure in November. So, would we have enough room for the double stroller, or would two umbrella strollers be a lot better? My kids are 11 months and 3 1/2 yrs old. Thanks! This is my first cruise ever, I appreciate the help!

If it folds up, you can make it work. If it doesn't fold, then it's going to be pretty tight, especially, if you have a crib or P&P in the cabin! Outside window cabins are 179 sq. ft...and that includes bathroom and furniture...not much floor space. The Boardwalk and Central Park window cabins have a touch more space...but not much!

We have a sit n stand double stroller. Not double wide. We have a regular stateroom, with window on the allure in November. So, would we have enough room for the double stroller, or would two umbrella strollers be a lot better? My kids are 11 months and 3 1/2 yrs old. Thanks! This is my first cruise ever, I appreciate the help!

In general I would recommend two folding umbrella strollers instead a double.There isn't much room to store a larger unit.

I would also recommend two umbrella strollers. You can usually find used ones pretty cheap at garage sales etc.

Sometimes you need to split up and take the kids in different dirrections and/or you might just want to take one up to the buffet etc while the other is sleeping. Plus if they decide they want to walk, they are much easier to fold up and just carry.

We actually brought a sit n' stand and one umbrella stroller. One of my girls, like your oldest, was fine with most of the walking around the ship, so it was nice to just have the single for the other. Then we used the sit n' stand for ports - but in your case I'd probably bring the two singles. Just make sure they have sun shades and hopefully can recline.

Best,

Mia

Im debating taking my double.. just to get on and off the ship.. Im going alone with three of my littles (4, 2, 6 months). Well not alone alone.. My mom aunt uncle are going too. But no hubby, just me and the babies in a room. Im sure we will all check in together etc.. but i want to be able to manage all 3 on my own if i need to while getting on the ship and off. I have a nice phil and teds explorer.. which maneuvers well.. and ill probably bring an ergo for the baby.

It folds pretty flat.. Im sure it will slide under the bed..

Im debating taking my double.. just to get on and off the ship.. Im going alone with three of my littles (4, 2, 6 months). Well not alone alone.. My mom aunt uncle are going too. But no hubby, just me and the babies in a room. Im sure we will all check in together etc.. but i want to be able to manage all 3 on my own if i need to while getting on the ship and off. I have a nice phil and teds explorer.. which maneuvers well.. and ill probably bring an ergo for the baby.

I can see bringing th double in your case! I have family coming that don't get to see the kids much. I have settled on 2 umbrella strollers, but that would b too hard for you. I have read ppl who bring their double stroller, I'm sure it will fit fine, and be more convenient for you.

I would absolutely bring it - as long as it's tandem. The waits can be long, and the stroller gives you a way to keep them in one place. Also, I could not have managed picking up my two from the kids club at the end of the evening without the double stroller - one or both would be too tired to walk all the way back to the room.

Best,

Mia

Archived