best option vancouver to seattle

aquajon

looks like flying home from Seattle is the best option for us using miles.

what is the best way to get from Vancouver down to Seattle looks like it is either bus or train or rental car which seems pretty pricey.

I love the train - beautiful scenery and not very $$$. However, it only leaves very early in the morning or early in the evening (abt 5:30 - can't remember exact time). The bus runs more frequently (Quick Coach). You could also check out Bolt Bus and then there is the Amtrak bus, too.

Train is the cheapest option but also the slowest.

I agree I love the train also, it is very comfortable and scenic. There is a morning train 6:40am and an afternoon train at 5:45pm. You would have to spend a night in either Vancouver or Seattle with this option. There are also Amtrak busses that go at multiple times through the day or the Bolt bus as mentioned above.

Train is definitely most scenic if you have the time and if can leave early evening (i.e after 5 pm) or early morning (<7 am) which is too early unless overnighting in Vancouver. Fares are $40 and up ('saver' fares for less if there are any for when you want to travel)

Quick shuttle bus is $43 also to downtown Seattle but has another option of going to seatac airport if that is actually your final destination (+$15). That saves going to downtown then other transport to the airport if your not staying. Also they have 5 trips / day from downtown if staying over in Vancouver with 2 from Canada Place pier if leaving directly from the ship

We have not taken either but have tried to arrange trips to/from Seattle on the train but the timing has never worked for us. Would like to take to that trip though

We have flown into Vancouver, and on a land trip a number of years ago drove a rental car to Vancouver. In September we took an Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver to spend a few days in Vancouver before boarding a cruise ship. We thoroughly enjoyed the four or so hour train trip. While some of the track is inland, much of the track hugs the coast with lovely views. We booked business class, which gave us large seats. If you have the time, consider the train.

"what is the best way to get from Vancouver down to Seattle". Depends on how you define BEST.

The only options are Amtrak train, Amtrak bus, Quick Coach, Bolt Bus, rental car, or fly (Alaska Airlines for one ).

You also need to consider where each option drops you off. If you're dropped off in downtown Seattle you still need to get to Seatac which is about 1/2 hr south. If you can easily manage your luggage, you can take the Light Rail from downtown to the airport for under $3. Otherwise a cab will be $40.

All of our cruises out of Vancouver are via rental car to/from Seattle. My National Rental Car from Vancouver airport (YVR) to Seattle was $107 USD and included the mileage charge. There are other locations within walking distance of Canada Place for Avis and Hertz.

The drive is 152 miles and the longest delay I have experienced for the border crossing in the mornings is 20 minutes. A rental car allows you to stop and eat a nice breakfast/lunch before catching an afternoon flight out of Seattle.

Archived