No pricing on Windstar web site?

emckeeve

I am investigating Greek Island cruises for next May for 5 cousins. I would like to compare prices beofre calling my travel agent, but Windstar doesn't seem to have them on their web site. Am I missing something?

I am investigating Greek Island cruises for next May for 5 cousins. I would like to compare prices beofre calling my travel agent, but Windstar doesn't seem to have them on their web site. Am I missing something?

Windstar never give prices on the web page. You have to contact your TA. I find this annoying as I too would like to see the costs.

If you are a previous traveller they email you prices from time to time.

I was told TA's have to phone in for pricing, too.

An email response from Windstar customer service says to call them directly and they'll give a price.

No web/paper published pricings prevents comparison shopping, that's for sure.

When Windstar returns to easily accessible pricing, we'll consider Windstar again. It's a great cruise!

If you are an alumini you should be getting pricing, we do.

You said you want to comparsion shop, I'm just curious what you are comparing Windstar to? In my estimation there is no comparsion and I know I'm going to pay 30-50% more than a run of the mill cruise.

You get what you pay for, and that my 2 cents worth.

If you are an alumini you should be getting pricing, we do.

You said you want to comparsion shop, I'm just curious what you are comparing Windstar to?

Good points.

We haven't gotten alumni pricing in awhile. (Of course, I could be wrong. Sometimes we misplace "good" mail with the tons of daily unsolicited junk mail). Instead, I went out to the web site and entered the "secret" alumni password, but didn't find any pricing like I'd been able to do prior to booking our other Windstar cruises.

"Comparison shop" was the wrong choice of words on my part. I meant I always want to just see what the alumni pricing bonus is compared to list price or early booking incentive pricing. I was just frustrated I can't see that easily with the current Windstar web site.

And I certainly agree with you that Windstar is a unique product without easy comparison on many levels. It's a terrific cruise.

I was told TA's have to phone in for pricing, too.

An email response from Windstar customer service says to call them directly and they'll give a price.

No web/paper published pricings prevents comparison shopping, that's for sure.

When Windstar returns to easily accessible pricing, we'll consider Windstar again. It's a great cruise!

I recently signed up for their email service and this weekend I received a 2008/2009 brochure (92 pages) along with a 4 page price list insert. It is dated 8/1/08 and had the balance of this year plus 2009/2010 cruises with some listing their EBI (early booking incentive) fares.

Archived