2 adults/2 teens on Carnival Spirit - 1 cabin

Gumtree

Definately, the balcony. This area would provide that extra seating you may very well need jusy to get out of the way of each other. Plus a place for just relaxing & looking out, your morning coffee, etc....

Happy cruising.....

I have stayed with 5 to a inside cabin.. I cant imagine 4 people to a balcony cabin and have never done so since my first cruise. Proably since its the lay out. Yes in an inside cabin you will get 4 beds--two on the floor and two pullmans. Inside cabins the beds on the bottom if pushed together will take upa lot of floor room. I like the bottom beds in the "L" shape

Im sure the balcony could give you extra moving around room. I suggest telling your teens that they will be heading to the gym area to shower before dinner. (takes up less time and space with everyone getting ready for dinner in such a confined space.) my kids loved it and said they never felt so clean as you get 6 shower heads in each stall.

Also- an over the doors shoe holder will keep your cabin organized with 4 people. You only get so much counter space and you would not believe the stuff that accumulates ina weeks time. At least with the shoe holder everyones bathroom stuff can be kept in one place.

Thanks ... we had 2 balcony cabins (that spoiled us!) on the Triumph over Thanksgiving, and I couldn't imagine one of the kids on the couch. It was just too expensive to do that again for Alaska, so we opted for the 1 cabin. After much flip-flopping from balcony to inside, I started to have second-thoughts about the inside & considered upgrading to the balcony, but the question that kept coming up was - what will give us the most comfortable sleeping arrangements? Fortunately we have four port days, and even when my kids had their own cabin, they were never in it! I'll make sure to consider the lower L-configuration; thanks for mentioning that.

Gumtree: an alaskan cruise deserves a balcony. You are asking about how much cabin space for 4 people for an inside cabin. Ask your self-how much deck space are you gonna have to share with all the people to see the scenery... when you can be viewing it from your own private balcony.

Archived