Breeze vs. Freedom

In December 2010, I was on the Carnival Freedom. When the ship headed out of Colon, Panama, the ship really started rocking. Since I am sailing on the Breeze in December, and we will be sailing out of the same vicinity, do you think the rocking will be the same or has the stabilizers been updated since Freedom was built?

Thanks,

Rita

Supposedly they added another stabilizer to Breeze. However, don't blame the ship - it could have just been the ocean condition that day that caused the rocking. Can't wait till our Dec. cruise!:)

I'm thinking the weather will determine that more than anything the ships can do to avoiding it. The Breeze does have one additional thruster that was tested out this week and that might make a slight difference.

Not sure though if they would even use it in rough waters, but maybe other more knowledgeable folks can help out here.

We were on the Dream in September and we came within 80 miles of a hurricane. You could definitely feel it. It didn't help that we had a spa cabin so we were higher up. I would leave the bathroom door cracked so light could shine through. The bathroom door would swing back and forth, the towels were doing the same thing, items slid a bit and we were moved a bit in bed one night. I take motion sickness medication and normally I'm fine. The first few days of our cruise I stayed queasy because of the waves and rocking. If you have decent weather you won't really feel any movement. Thankfully, the weather improved as our cruise went on.

Archived