Group Cruise - Free room? How does it work?

773 Miles Away

IN GENERAL.. how does the discount work for group cruises?

Let's say the cheapest room is $500 per person. Is it every 8 cabins you get 1 person credit - $500? Every 8 PEOPLE you get 1 person credit - $500? Every 8 cabins you get 1 CABIN credit - $500+$500??

IN GENERAL.. how does the discount work for group cruises?

Let's say the cheapest room is $500 per person. Is it every 8 cabins you get 1 person credit - $500? Every 8 PEOPLE you get 1 person credit - $500? Every 8 cabins you get 1 CABIN credit - $500+$500??

For every 8 cabins (16 people), you get one free "bed", this does not include taxes and port charges. Example, if you group coordinator and husband sail together and you have 8 cabins booked, your husband's "bed" is free. You just pay his taxes and port charges. Some groups divide the free "bed" so that all in the group gets a portion. Hope this helps.

I'll give you a real example. I am going on a group cruise where the cheapest cabin is listed on carnival's website was $329 per person, double occupancy rate. The total price for booking one person comes to $399.25 because of $70.95 tax (I think that's what the $70.25 is for...well, it doesn't matter for this example). Anyway, if 8 cabins at that price are booked, the 9th cabin gets a credit. The credit is the base cruise price not including port charges, taxes, fees, or whatever. You get the idea. Well, $329 is the base room price PLUS port charges. Therefore, the credit is around $170. Not as good as you thought, right? ;) If you book 8 cabins at a higher price, you get a higher credit for one person on the ninth cabin, I'm pretty sure. More than two people per room does not count toward anything more. Does that make sense, though? :D

Actually...sorry.. one more question. What if you managed to book say.. 24 rooms..

so the group coordinator would get a free bed, probably the spouse.. and what happens with the 3rd?

Basically what I'm wondering is.. do they issue this as a dollar amount refund after the cruise? - they cut you a check for $1500? Do they actually say.. "you have 3 free beds, who will get the freebies?"

Nobody gets a free bed.

For every 8 cabins booked you get rebated the amount of one free berth (less taxes and port fees) in the most booked cabin (not cheapest). The rebate check will come from Carnival sometime after the cruise.

Big Duck is right, you will be rebated after the cruise. But make sure you realize that the rebate per bed is based on the cruise price less port charges and taxes. Like Water Baby said it may not be as much as you think. I have a group going right now that the cruise after you deduct port charges etc is only $150. Also remember that the 3rd and 4th in a cabin don't count. The amount of the rebate depends on the majority of cabins. For example if you have 6 OV and 2 Balcony rooms the rebate is at the OV price. Also all the rooms must be booked in your group. If someone books on their own to get a "better deal" and then asked to be linked with your group for dining and to be near everyone elses room, they don't count.

It really is not much as the previous posters have said. We booked our cruise on the Liberty as a group originally and the leader was going to be credited all of $190 which we would have spread out amongst all of us (20 people). It amounted to next to nothing.

So if you have alot of rooms like say 50 you can get a commision also.........give an email and I will send you the PDF so you can read it better some of the charts did post in format

GROUP FUN POINTS AND FLEXI-PRICING

Choose your points... choose your price!

Carnival Fun Points allow you to combine our preferred group rates with the amenities that you need to make your

program work or to take advantage of an even lower rate without amenities. Fun Points allow you the flexibility to

choose the price and amenities that fit your needs. Here's how it works:

Each sailing has a specific number of suggested Fun Points available (between 0 and 12) for group bookings (Fun

Points are subject to change and depend on inventory availability).

1. Use suggested Fun Points: Choose amenities until you use up all your points. With this option, you will be able

to take advantage of our menu of amenity selections and discounted group pricing.

2. Choose the lowest price: If your group wants the lowest group rate available, ask the Group Sales Department

for the no-amenities rate. If Fun Points apply on the sailing, the rate will be reduced.

3. Choose just what you need: Select only the amenities that you need for your group and reduce the price of the

cruise by giving up some of your suggested Fun Points.

4. Choose more amenities: Additional Fun Points can usually be "bought." Tell the group res agent which amenities

you need, and we will calculate their point value and quote the new (higher) group price including the extra

amenities.

Here's an example of each choice showing the effects on pricing:

Carnival Triumph 7 Day Cruise - 6 Suggested Fun Points with 4A at $599 including NCF

1. Use the six suggested points - RATE: $599, POINTS: 6: Champagne and Chocolates (1 pt), $100 per stateroom

on board credit (4 pts), Shared Cocktail Party (1 pt)

2. Choose the lowest price: - RATE: $557, POINTS: 0: No amenities

3. Choose just what you need - RATE: $571, POINTS: 2: Private cocktail party (2 pts)

4. Choose more amenities to meet your needs - RATE: $641, POINTS: 12: Champagne & Chocolates (1 pt), Bottle

of House White Wine (1 pt), Private Cocktail party (2 pts), 1 free for 10 (4 pts), $100 per stateroom on board

credit (4 pts).

Carnival's Group Fun Points provide an innovative and exciting approach to group pricing. In addition to group

discounts, Fun Points provide another tool to help you succeed in developing group business.

All amenities apply only to full fare (first/second) guests in stateroom, unless otherwise noted.

Attached is a listing of the available amenities and their point value based on cruise duration.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES, CARNIVAL PLACE,

3655 NW 87 AVENUE, MIAMI, FLORIDA 33178-2428

GROUP SALES: 305-599-2666; 800-327-5782

email: groupsales@carnival.com

GRFP AGT 0906 - 1

GRFP AGT 0906 - 2

Carnival FUN POINTS

Choose Your Points, Choose Your Price

Min. Staterooms 3 4 5 6 7 8 10+

Required day day day day day day day

COMPLIMENTARIES/GIFTS

Bon Voyage Champagne and Chocolates 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 1

Bon Voyage Sparkling Cider and Chocolates 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 1

Premium Bottle of Champagne and Canapes 25 7 5 4 4 3 3 2

Bottle of house White wine (in stateroom or at dinner) 5 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Bottle of house Red wine (in stateroom or at dinner) 5 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Bottle of White wine, cheese and crackers 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 2

Bottle of Red wine, cheese and crackers 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 2

Carnival Robes 5 6 5 4 4 3 2 2

Photo Coupon 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 1

8 x 10 Group photo 25 3 2 2 2 1 1 1

Bon Voyage Memory Box 5 2 2 2 1 1 1 1

Carnival Tote Bag 5 2 2 1 1 1 1 1

Shared Cocktail Party 8 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Private Cocktail Party 50 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Coffee-Danish Breakfast Meeting 25 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Carnival Corporate University Seminar (one session) 25 N/A 5 4 3 3 3 2

PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES

Extra $20pp off 3rd/4th rates 5 7 5 4 4 3 3 2

$20pp Bus Allowance (paid after sailing)1 5 7 5 4 4 3 3 2

$30pp Bus Allowance (paid after sailing)1 5 10 8 6 6 4 4 3

Fund Raiser 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

ONBOARD CREDIT2

$25/stateroom 5 2 2 1 1 1 1 N/A

$50/stateroom 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1

$75/stateroom 5 6 5 4 4 3 3 2

$100/stateroom 5 8 6 5 5 4 4 3

$200/stateroom 5 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 6

UPGRADES

Based on inventory availability, assigned at final payment; one per group; only applies within category type (i.e. interior to interior)

One Category Interior, Oceanview or Balcony 5 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Two Categories Interior, Oceanview, or Balcony 5 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

REDUCED TOUR CONDUCTOR RATIOS

A maximum of one tour conductor amenity can be chosen per group

1-for-12 8 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

1-for-10 8 4 3 3 4 4 4 4

1-for-8 8 6 5 5 6 6 7 7

Extra Free Berth/25 guests (max 4) 12 3 3 3 3 3 4 4

BONUS COMMISSION2

$25/stateroom 8 4 3 3 3 2 2 1

$50/stateroom 8 8 6 5 5 4 3 3

$75/stateroom 8 N/A 9 8 7 5 5 4

$100/stateroom 8 N/A N/A 10 9 7 6 5

UPFRONT STATEROOM

1 Agent Rate Stateroom 15 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Group Leader Suite Upgrade 20 2 2 2 3 3 3 3

NOTES

Please note that the minimum stateroom requirements, will be enforced on all groups.

Amenities are capacity controlled and point values are subject to change.

1. Bus allowances will be paid after the group has sailed.

2. A maximum of one onboard credit or bonus commission can be purchased per group.

3. Amenities may not apply on certain rate codes and are only available in category 4A and above; check your group booking "Statement

of Group Request" for details

CARNIVAL FUN POINTS

TERMS FOR FUN POINTS

COMPLIMENTARIES/GIFTS

Complimentary gift orders may be delivered with group leader's or organization's compliments if desired. Delivery day to

be confirmed by Carnival.

Group Photos must be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance of sailing with Group Event Planning. One photo per full fare

guest. Make your reservation early because group photo appointments are limited.

Photo Coupon ($15 value) - One per stateroom.

Bon Voyage Memory Box includes a keepsake photo album, four photo frame/mailing cards, and his and hers rubber photo

frames. One per stateroom.

Carnival Tote is a canvas logoed bag. One per each first/second guest in stateroom, maximum 2.

Robes - Maximum of two robes per stateroom.

Shared party is one hour open bar with dry snacks shared among other groups booked into this promotional category on

the same sailing. Scheduling at Carnival's discretion.

Private party is one hour open bar with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and is scheduled at Carnival's discretion.

One coffee-danish breakfast meeting. Must be scheduled two (2) weeks prior to sailing with Groups Event Planning. One

per group. Make your reservation early because meeting space is limited.

Carnival Corporate University sessions can be used for team building or professional development. Must be scheduled at

least 4 weeks prior to sailing. One session per group. For details, check: http://www.carnivalmeetings.com and click on

"Corporate University."

PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES

Fundraiser: CCL will match funds raised by the non-profit organization up to $5 per person, per day, i.e., 3 day cruise $15 per

person, 8 day cruise $40 per person. "Contribution" check, based on actual number of staterooms sailed, will be made payable

to the non-profit organization and mailed c/o the travel agency after the sailing.

Proof of fundraiser must be submitted in order for contribution check to be paid.

If the group marks up the cruise to cover fund raising, a signed credit card authorization must be submitted for any staterooms

charged in excess of the cruise fare.

ON BOARD CREDITS

Credits apply per stateroom and are split evenly between first two guests in stateroom.

UPGRADES

Based on inventory availability, one per group. Upgraded cabin numbers are not assigned until final payment for the group is

received. Only applies within category type, (i.e, interior to interior). Once upgrades have been confirmed, this amenity may

not be changed. Two category upgrades may not be available on some ships or in some categories.

Upgrades to suites are not available.

REDUCED TOUR CONDUCTOR RATIOS

Require a minimum of eight staterooms to be booked.

A maximum of one tour conductor amenity can be chosen per group. One for 12 means that the 13th full fare guest is

complimentary, 1 for 8 means that the 9th is complimentary, etc.

Extra Free berth/25 guests - Allows one additional free berth for each 25 full fare guests in addition to the normal comp

policy. Maximum of 4 additional free berths.

BONUS COMMISSIONS

Bonus Commissions apply to fully paid staterooms, excluding agent rates or other reduced special net rates. Paid after sailing.

UPFRONT STATEROOM

$35/day agent rate stateroom to be used by travel agent and his/her guest sharing the stateroom. Stateroom to be assigned

by Carnival on a TBA basis in the category where the majority of the space is sold, subject to availability.

Group Leader Suite upgrade provided at time group reaches 20 sold/fully deposited staterooms. Upgrade is to category 12

or 11, subject to availability. At least 50% of the staterooms must be booked in oceanview or higher categories. The

stateroom receiving the upgrade will be upgraded from a category 8A rate (or from 6C rate on ships where 8A is not a

valid category).

BUYING DOWN RATES

If Fun Points are used to reduce the group fare and the group finalized with less than 5 staterooms, then the reduction will

no longer apply and all cabins will be re-priced. GRFP AGT 0906 - 3

Keep in mind if you are doing a CC group cruise, it's completely different... none of the "above post" really applies... if you have 16 cabins or 100 cabins, you cap out at just the rebate for the 2 berths... so if you are looking for a CC group cruise, look at that part of the boards and request the info, but don't expect it to match what you see above... just FYI :D

So if we do a group cruise and have 8 rooms booked we can do both the $100per room credit as well as one of the complimentary gifts? Plus we will get 1 berth free (not to include the port fees/taxes)?

If we would choose not to do the points then they will just lower the cost of our cruise but we will not receive a complimentary gift or the onboard credit? We will receive the 1 berth free?

I want to make sure I understand completely what all we CAN get so that when I go to book the cruise I know upfront if somebody is trying to "cheat" us out of something. Ya know? Thanks for all the help

The above info is from Carnival which my TA passed on to me for my Friends and family cruise to Alaska. So if you have enough people already and do not wish to have CC control it this shows you your options for perks based on points.

So if we do a group cruise and have 8 rooms booked we can do both the $100per room credit as well as one of the complimentary gifts? Plus we will get 1 berth free (not to include the port fees/taxes)?

If we would choose not to do the points then they will just lower the cost of our cruise but we will not receive a complimentary gift or the onboard credit? We will receive the 1 berth free?

I want to make sure I understand completely what all we CAN get so that when I go to book the cruise I know upfront if somebody is trying to "cheat" us out of something. Ya know? Thanks for all the help

It depends on the points given to your sailing.. your group TA should let you know how many points you have to work with...the free berth is based on the category with the most rooms booked and will be given in rebate form after your cruise. As for everything else, I'm only familiar with the CC groups, so I'm not sure. But your group TA should be able to help you... if you want to be safe, just book your group through Carnival.... good luck!! It can be a lot of work, but it's also a good deal of fun!!

For my Alaska cruise we have 12 Balcony cabins 2 insides and 2 suites and we got 4 points plus 2 free Berths. We choose 100 ship board credit for the 4 points and we got 1800 for the 2 berth based on balcony rates (900) minus port and taxes since they are the most cabins in a Cat booked. We spilt the 1800 between everybody to lower the cost of the cruise 112.50 per person in addition to the group rate.

So if you have alot of rooms like say 50 you can get a commision also.........give an email and I will send you the PDF so you can read it better some of the charts did post in format

May I have that PDF please? mcmoo@sbcglobal.net

so to all you experienced "groupies" out there....which is a better group program? CC or Carnival?

so to all you experienced "groupies" out there....which is a better group program? CC or Carnival?

That's exactly why I wanted the PDF...so I could TRY to figure that out.(I've been wondering about that for quite some time.)

BTW....Thanx, Allen. :cool:

If you have enough people already (8) cabins I think you have a little more control over your group by doing it yourself I am using My own TA and she is using Carnivals group program. If you need people to get to at least 8 cabins then CC is better but then you have to go by CC rules and who they use which pretty much seems to be the same TA for every group cruise and according to GC the group leader does not get the same option on perks since some of the CC groups can get rather large.

I'll give you a real example. I am going on a group cruise where the cheapest cabin is listed on carnival's website was $329 per person, double occupancy rate. The total price for booking one person comes to $399.25 because of $70.95 tax (I think that's what the $70.25 is for...well, it doesn't matter for this example). Anyway, if 8 cabins at that price are booked, the 9th cabin (its one person credit, not cabin) gets a credit. The credit is the base cruise price not including port charges, taxes, fees, or whatever. You get the idea. Well, $329 is the base room price PLUS port charges. Therefore, the credit is around $170. Not as good as you thought, right? ;) If you book 8 cabins at a higher price, you get a higher credit for one person on the ninth cabin, I'm pretty sure. More than two people per room does not count toward anything more. Does that make sense, though? :D
Depending on the travel agent, your credit can be applied once all payments are in. You do not have to wait for a rebate.

Archived